Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 13, 2003, 12:07 PM   #11

Hi There:

Thanks so much for this really useful information! I just checked, and it is available at B&H in the states for $89.95, and they have it in stock.

Thanks again.... Jack Winberg

&lt;<I received my Vivitar DF200 digital slave flashgun today, works perfectly with the FZ2. >>
jack.winberg@verizon.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2003, 2:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p0n3
how does it works? you tell the flash how much time he has to wait before flash?
it's ask a lot to you to take a picture in a hall or something to see till where the flash will light?
thanks for the links by the way
You place it into a "Detect" mode and take a photo using the camera flash, it appears to learn the flash profile by counting the number of flashes, for example if you train it with the red-eye reduction on then turn off the red-eye reduction the slave doesnt fire as there are too few flashes produced by the camera.

I have taken a couple of pictures out the back of my house to show the difference between using the built in flash and the DF200.

Original :- http://www.freshchickens.co.uk/bryce/P1000315.JPG

Original :- http://www.freshchickens.co.uk/bryce/P1000316.JPG
btbeeston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2003, 2:36 PM   #13

woow
the diference is awsome!
i guess my fz1 is needing something like that.. i wanted to buy something.. i'm not sure if i'll for this or for a tcon17 but with this flash i know that even if i change the camera i can use it with any other camera, right?
it's cool cause with the fz10 i can use it over the camera in that slot for the flash

thanks for your time btbeeston
v1p0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2003, 2:51 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p0n3
woow
the diference is awsome!
i guess my fz1 is needing something like that.. i wanted to buy something.. i'm not sure if i'll for this or for a tcon17 but with this flash i know that even if i change the camera i can use it with any other camera, right?
it's cool cause with the fz10 i can use it over the camera in that slot for the flash

thanks for your time btbeeston
The flash can be used with any digital camera with built-in flash, although it can be fitted to a hot-shoe mounting it can't be triggered from one, there are no contacts in the hot-shoe. It only triggers as a slave from the built in flash.
btbeeston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2003, 7:40 AM   #15
PT

[quote="[email protected]"]Hi There:

Thanks so much for this really useful information! I just checked, and it is available at B&H in the states for $89.95, and they have it in stock.

Thanks again.... Jack Winberg

Jack
Don't you hate it, Nobody had the DF 200 in stock 4 weeks ago when my wife was in New York, all on backorder, this unit is not available in Australia, I had to make do with a sunpack digital kit which works OK but lacks the features and power of the DF 200.Adorama now have the DF 200 in stock at $69.95.
PT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2003, 1:24 PM   #16

You can try the Phoenix Digital Slave Flash
http://www.phoenixcorp.com/Digital_I...ttl_flash.html

roughy the same spec as the Vivitar DF200, runs about US$50.00, made in Singapore and has a switch to fire on either the first or second flash. also works as a hot shoe or PC cord flash. can't set the flash output manually though and the sensor and flash head can't be swiveled independently of each other.

cheap plastic but works to augment the weak flash on my pana camcorder/digicam.

will be getting the FZ10 when it becomes available
phily_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2003, 9:09 PM   #17

Phily_guy wrote: "can't set the flash output manually though and the sensor and flash head can't be swiveled independently of each other."

I was strongly considering the Phoenix flash for my fz1. But for $20 more it looks like the df200 might be better and perhaps will work better with the fz10 which I also have in my sights. Have you tried the Phoenix flash on the fz1/2?
I live in NE Philly. How about you?

-Fred
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2003, 10:32 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmoore
I was strongly considering the Phoenix flash for my fz1. But for $20 more it looks like the df200 might be better and perhaps will work better with the fz10 which I also have in my sights. Have you tried the Phoenix flash on the fz1/2?
I live in NE Philly. How about you?
dunno how the Phoenix hot shoe will work with the FZ10. $20 more for the Vivitar gets
you a bit more light.

don't own an FZ1/2. thought I'd skip a model number and go to the FZ10

South Philly
phily_guy is offline   Reply With Quote