Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 11, 2008, 7:20 AM   #1

Hi.
As I said in the other post FZ20 has recently left me (and I m waiting to have time to "autopsy" it).

Anyway, before breaking, it served me in London (not last for the butterflies macro at the Zoo) and in a couple of days at the island of Ponza.... it fulfilled all its duties well.

I still have some photos, back from one year ago, which had'nt had time to edit yet (too many panos!!).
Just posted them on my site.
Some previews here, and a link to the fuil 80 pics gallery...

[img]ttp://www.francescoraffaele.com/web-y2007/Gran_Sasso-P1620953b.jpg[/img][img]ttp://www.francescoraffaele.com/web-y2007/Gran_Sasso-P1620953b.jpg[/img][img]ttp://www.francescoraffaele.com/web-y2007/Gran_Sasso-P1620953b.jpg[/img]

[img]Marca%20fotocamera:%20Panasonic[/img]

LINK [all FZ20 pics]
http://www.francescoraffaele.com/web...Gran_Sasso.htm

Sincerely
Francesco
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 11, 2008, 8:42 PM   #2

Too many panos :shock:

That's like saying you have too much money :lol:

What pano program are you using ?

How many photos tothe pano, how may mp per phot and total mp for pano.

I have been having problems stiching a high MP pano with autostitch. Three images totaling about 7mp come out to less than 1mp even after doing some quick fixing with elements 4.

I loaded the pano program that comes with my panasonic TZ-1 and am geting higher mp for a 3 shot pano.

Panoramicregards,

BiLL
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2008, 1:29 PM   #3

Thanks Bill.

I have used (Arc Soft) Panorama Maker 3 for 95% of my Panos (it came with the Lumix FZ20 CD).

The following edition (PM4) was better than PM3 in blending and stitching, but it actually applied some sort or Noise Reduction, or however (maybe in stretching the pics) confronting the single parts of the resulting image with the original pics, there seemed to be some smoothing of details in the final pano. So I soon abandoned it.

(I ve also tried autostitch and the very complex PTAssembler with its GUI: the first one is just sufficient/nice, the second is too long to use).

Actually, since a few months, I do all my stitching with AUTOPANO PRO
which is great in blending & stitching. Perhaps one of the best stitching softwares.

Even with the 10Mp of my new 40D it hasn't problems in blending 5-6 pics.

http://www.francescoraffaele.com/web...iti_Lucane.htm
Click on the second picture here, with some details of a 35 MP (5x3 photos) FZ20 pano (resulting in a + 100 Mb JPG).

Made also bigger one than thats, 360° but now I basically only do when really needed and worthy...
especially because I rarely (better say "never") print anything...
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2008, 3:26 PM   #4

Hello Fransesco:|

My pc /e-mail never indicated your last posting. Great series of pictures the panorama (line 5 down from top) with people an the far side has great perspective of the vast view.

I have given up on AutoStitch and Panorama Factory 3. My girlfriend TZ-5 came with Panorama Factory 4 and I think its very good.

I have bought a Canon SD1100is. It makes the TZ-5 look big!

It does a lot of nice tricks:

For panoramas you see the end of the last image to aliine the next image. It is able to shoot time lapse, it has color swap (to change one particular color in the composition and color accent which turns the image to black and white with the exception of one coor suchh as the blue sky or green grass or red rose on a bush.

Avery nice camera yet ultra small. My camera has a 2.5" screen plus a optical vf (many canons have no optical vf but a 3" lcd.

Keep shooting and posting,

BiLL
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote