Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 10, 2003, 8:46 AM   #1

Default DMC-FZ10 Literature is now available!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

This morning I received an electronic copy of the sales brochure for the DMC-FZ10. A copy has already been sent to our Call Center. Iím aware that many of you have had many questions, and I apologize that I was not able to respond individually. My main priority is and has been the evaluation of the DMC-FZ10 so that we can get this released ASAP.

Iíve read, and really appreciate all your comments and suggestions.

Very soon, the brochure will be available on our web site at www.panasonic.com

In the interim, U.S. customers may send an E mail to our Advanced Products Call Center <[email protected]> to request a copy that will be e mailed to you. At this time we have not yet received printed copies.

Customerís outside the U.S. should contact their regional Panasonic offices who should now also have similar information for your regional area.

Many thanks!
Panasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 10, 2003, 9:02 AM   #2

Default I requested mine.

Thanks Bob! Hopefully this is a sign that availability is not too far off. I know that many questions won't be answered until the camera is available to be touched, held and played with. :mrgreen:
brdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2003, 9:08 AM   #3

Last night I went out taking pictures with a local camera club and I was standing next to a guy with a new Digital Rebel. A few of the guys asked me about my FZ1 and I mentioned the FZ10 and as soon as I said "4MP and 12x optical zoom" I think they started salivating!
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2003, 11:55 AM   #4

Default Evaluating the DMC-FZ10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic
My main priority is and has been the evaluation of the DMC-FZ10
Bob, could you please elaborate on this?

What does the "evaluation" include? Are you providing input to the team that implements the firmware changes?

Thanks,
Alex.
alexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2003, 1:08 PM   #5

We have standardized procedures we use, testing each feature for performance and providing feedback where we find problems or deviations.

My findings are compared with similar data from other sources and the product evolves into what is released. This provides checks and balances so that issues that are addressed are truly performance issues and not personal opinions.
Old Oct 10, 2003, 3:52 PM   #6

You do understand that if the lag is worse than that of the D2H it is a serious performance issue?
Old Oct 10, 2003, 4:01 PM   #7

That may be your conclusion, but we aren't designing one camera to compete against another specific camera. Whatever the performance is, what is important to one person may not be to another. The "lag" as you refer to it is a variable that has many factors that contribute to it. It's one reason why you cannot accuraterly write a spec for it. In a general sense, "lag" is tied to processing time which on no camera is constant.

You may consider this as an important issue, though in the general scope of things it's one of many factors. Some people buy cars based on gas mileage, others on speed, others on comfort. Each are personal issues, though none can define a product as good or bad.

Suffice to say that if you like the FZ1 I think you be very happy (maybe more) with the FZ10!
Old Oct 10, 2003, 4:28 PM   #8

Bob, that was a joke (the smiley was put there on purpose).
As the D2H was (allegedly) designed to be the fastest DSLR on the market, I am pretty sure that the FZ10 would not be able to compete with it in this area.

Though, seriously, I would like my camera to be as responsive as possible (because I do want to capture what I aim for and not what happens a second later).
Old Oct 11, 2003, 8:31 AM   #9

Bob:

Thank you VERY much for posting this information, particularly in the light of the time pressure you have been under. You have passed on information about the FZ10 as you were able to.

I did request an e mail of the sales brochure as you requested, and look forward to it. The bad news is that there is such a feeding frenzy of information about this intriguing camera. The GOOD news is that there is such a high level of interest.

Thanks again.............. Jack Winberg

<<Ladies and Gentlemen,

This morning I received an electronic copy of the sales brochure for the DMC-FZ10. A copy has already been sent to our Call Center. Iím aware that many of you have had many questions, and I apologize that I was not able to respond individually. My main priority is and has been the evaluation of the DMC-FZ10 so that we can get this released ASAP. ...(SNIP)>>
jack.winberg@verizon.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2003, 9:33 AM   #10

I emailed them yesterday and requested the information.
No reply yet. I guess I'll have to wait until after the weekend.