Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 4, 2008, 3:26 PM   #1

I currently am using Photo Story 3. A very good program that is free, easy to use and adjusts its own music for beat. tempo and more. but it takes to long to do a slide show of 30 or more.

I also found SmileBox that is totally automated but the free version does not allow burning or mailing of shows but is also free.

Ant recomendations?

BiLL
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 5, 2008, 11:25 AM   #2

BiLL,

Have you tried Irfanview ( http://www.irfanview.net )?

It is a great, free image viewer with many, many more features than just viewing. Creating slideshows and saving them as self-running executables or burning them to CD is just one.

--
Dick
http://rschofield.smugmug.com/

rschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2008, 2:57 PM   #3

Thanks Dick:!:

I am looking for a ultra-no-brainer program. Smilebox is very super simple to use and makes nice presentations with nice music and transitions and the greatest number of templets to be found but the free version does not burn (the $50.00 per year version does but I don't want a rent-a-program).

BiLL

:|
Old Oct 6, 2008, 8:08 AM   #4

Read this thread and pay attention to what Lin Evans has to say on the subject......none of the programs are free but they are good.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=29491487
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2008, 12:36 PM   #5

Thanks Genece:!:

Reading all those recomendations only proves one thing opinions are like noses, everyone has one:!:

One must read them with a grain of salt (at time a pail full of salt) and then read between the lines and at the end decide if possible.

I have and like Photo Story 3, very diverse and not complicated and it's free!

SmileBox is amazingly easy to use and is very automated and has oodles of great templets to use and customize and is free (a upgraded version can be liscensed for a year at a charge).

BiLL
Old Oct 7, 2008, 8:06 AM   #6

But I thought you had a problem.....I use Proshow gold and find it will make any size show you want and then you can burn them, and the resolution is very good. (the rendering on a 200 photo slide show can be slow on my old computer). But If you use very high def monitors (very expensive) there are better rendering programs as Lin says, but I really do not see the need for them as I use a normal LCD monitor and a rather inexpensive high def TV, as do most of my friends that I distribute the shows to. ...... I have used Photostory ,there are much better programs....I never tried Smilebox.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2008, 12:40 PM   #7

I have stuck with Photostory 3 but am not bothering with adding transitions. The pan/zoom transition is a automatic default and always works well.

SmileBox has its merits for super simplicity / automation. It is to slide presentations like the movie editer Moviee, ultra automated but SmileBox is easier and nicer. It does slide shows, albums aswell as postcards.

I don't mean to sound like a SmileBox rep.

BiLL
Old Oct 14, 2008, 1:09 PM   #8

I am using http://www.flash-slideshow-maker.com/

The nice part is that it can produce slideshows with music and themes in FLASH format. So you can upload that on the web and send your friends a link instead of a CD ;-)

Here is an example I recently made using this program:
http://www.new-nomads.com/slideshows...2008_1024.html
Kirilius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2008, 3:07 PM   #9

Thanks Kirilius

I have seen your slide show before. Very good pictures and despite not understanding the lyrics with the music they seem to work vey well together:!:

I have just down loaded the program.

Do you store your slide programs on the site mentioned?

Will let you know how it went:!:

BiLL

:|
Old Oct 26, 2008, 11:29 PM   #10

Hi bill2468, you need space somewhere on the web to store the output html and swf files if you want to be able to send links like mine. The alternative is to burn them on a CD/DVD and give them to friends.
Kirilius is offline   Reply With Quote