Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 11, 2008, 11:40 AM   #1

:?
OK - I admit I'm having a Sr. moment (or I am getting lazy). I have searched for an answer to the following question,with no success.
I just received a set of close-up lens, and would appreciate some input into what settings to use, IE - set zoom ring at 35 or 420, or somewhere in the middle. I have set the conversion to 'C', and the focus to macro. Any help would be appreciated.
motib is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2008, 4:54 PM   #2

motib wrote:
Quote:
:?
OK - I admit I'm having a Sr. moment (or I am getting lazy). I have searched for an answer to the following question,with no success.
I just received a set of close-up lens, and would appreciate some input into what settings to use, IE - set zoom ring at 35 or 420, or somewhere in the middle. I have set the conversion to 'C', and the focus to macro. Any help would be appreciated.
Well I am a terrible at macros, but full zoom......You do not need to set the conversion option in the menu.... I am not sure of the macro focus as the cameras I tried that with, did not need set to macro.......and depending on the power of your lenses....you will most likely find the focus area somewhere less than 12 inches......and auto focus usually does not work well.......you should move the camera back and forth until you achieve focus.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2008, 6:54 PM   #3

hi there - don't change the digital 'c' thing it doesn't make a difference. set max tele ie 420 and focus by moving close to the subject or use a tripod with manfrotto slide or similar and use manual focus. Set to aperture priority at smallest you can get away with regarding shake etc when not using tripod you need at least 1/60th and a very steady hand! attached is a small bug at f11 with 1/250 and extenal flash difused.
Attached Images

mikeysaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2008, 6:54 PM   #4

hi there - don't change the digital 'c' thing it doesn't make a difference. set max tele ie 420 and focus by moving close to the subject or use a tripod with manfrotto slide or similar and use manual focus. Set to aperture priority at smallest you can get away with regarding shake etc when not using tripod you need at least 1/60th and a very steady hand! attached is a small bug at f11 with 1/250 and extenal flash difused.
mikeysaling is offline   Reply With Quote