Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 20, 2008, 10:15 PM   #1

Hi everyone, well i have my FZ20 for 3 years now and i was thinking of updating to a newer model though there's nothing wrong with the FZ20 as these pics will show.
I was seriously thinking of buying a SLR but seeing shots taken with one and the extra expense and lenses you would have to carry with you i don't think its worth it,spent the last 2 days looking at various makes and models i'm at the stage where i have had enough and my eyes are going funny looking at the computer all day long.
Though i think i have found what would suit me a FZ28, price is reasonable and it has a lot more features then the FZ20
What do you guys think ?

Cheers Raoul
Raoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2008, 10:17 PM   #2

Here's another FZ20 Shot
Attached Images

Old Oct 21, 2008, 12:32 PM   #3

Raoul wrote:
Quote:
Hi everyone, well i have my FZ20 for 3 years now and i was thinking of updating to a newer model though there's nothing wrong with the FZ20 as these pics will show.
I was seriously thinking of buying a SLR but seeing shots taken with one and the extra expense and lenses you would have to carry with you i don't think its worth it,spent the last 2 days looking at various makes and models i'm at the stage where i have had enough and my eyes are going funny looking at the computer all day long.
Though i think i have found what would suit me a FZ28, price is reasonable and it has a lot more features then the FZ20
What do you guys think ?

Cheers Raoul
The FZ20 definitely is capable of extremely high quality images.

The DSLR question is just something each individual has to answer themselves as there's no one universally correct answer. I have a DSLR outfit because I need one to shoot events where I am paid to do so and need access to good quality lighting that the separate flash units provide in addition to thehigher ISO image qualitycapability, but when I'm shooting something for my own self, I'm often carrying either a Panasonic TZ5 or, I have just bought and have been using the FZ28 you are looking at....a very nice camera, with lots of great features.

Ergonomically, there's a lot aboutthe FZ28I like better than my DSLR. I also have an FZ50, but this FZ28 has just aboutevery control you could possibily want. is small and extremely light and has a better JPEG engine than the FZ50. I'm using it a lot in RAW capture, but the JPEG quality is quite good as well.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2008, 8:26 PM   #4

Thanks Greg,i really appreciated your comment. Cheers Raoul