Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:07 AM   #51

Just amazing pictures! Not just the contents but also the photographic know-how that lies behind these exposures, are great. Plusan eye for excellent composition!

These are the best proof of the PannyFZ28's image quality - Thank you for sharing this with us, rontth!

)

P.S.: In these last shotsof today - the park with the small lake (Imperial Summer Resort)- did you use a polarizing- or UV-filter?

Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2008, 7:51 PM   #52

Walter_S,

Thanks for your kind comment.

For the Imperial Summer Resort shots, I did thought of using cir.polarizer (Hoya) but no matter how I adjust the polarizer the LCD display did not show much difference. In the end I just shot w/o polarizer.

The Hoya cir.polarizer don't seem to have much effect on the FZ28 even on cutting outreflection from glass display. I wonder anyone got this problem?

NowI regret buying the polarizer .

By the way Idid attach UV filter to FZ28.
rontth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2008, 5:34 PM   #53

Photo from my neighbourhood ( FZ28 )

Pond fishing is one of the favourite past time among Singaporean

Mangrove swamp near my home.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 9:40 AM   #54

Some photos from my neighbourhood playground.

Looking from a different perspective.

Old Dec 21, 2008, 12:35 AM   #55

This will my belast photo upload from my Lumix FZ28.

I hope thesephoto samples from my FZ28 will help in some way for those who are interested in this camera. Just remember the focusing at the telephoto end of the zoom is quite slow.

I would like to thank all viewers and take this opportunity to wishall of youa

" Very Merry Christmas and Joyous New Year"

I hope, despite the economic downturn, it will not dampen your spirit of photo taking.

Beside this forum, I also often visit this website :

http://www.kenrockwell.com (good camera tips)

and for those Panasonic LX3 lover, there is this Panasonic forum at http://www.clubsnap.com which have very good photo sample from this camera.

Thanks again for taking time to view my post.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 12:39 AM   #56

Flower and Hornet

Old Dec 21, 2008, 10:33 AM   #57

These are thoroughly magnificent close-ups, rontth! Thank very much for sharing these with us.

What crisp focus, saturation and brilliance on these flowers including the hornet! What great light-conditions!How did you manage that? The pictures also show abeautiful 'bokeh', something I did not expect from a Super-Zoom. This goes to show that, in the hands of an expert, the bridge between S-Z's and dSLR's is getting smaller and smaller all the time.

The last one in that series of 3 close-ups (HornetFlower.jpg) is a master-shot. I guess itmust havebeen a challenge to your patience, trying to capture just the right moment, but it did pay off!

How did you focus in these shots? Did the AF-Tracking system cope with these close-ups? Or did you have to find another way of focusing? Thank you also for including EXIF-data in these pictures, I have learned a lot just by studying these as well as yourexcellent grasp of composition in all of your photos here in this tread.

What is: "Gain Control = Low gain up" - I am a bit unsure of this term.

Yiu wrote: "This will my belast photo upload from my Lumix FZ28"
I am saddened to read that you are not going to continue thistopic. I want you to know, this topic has been very helpful for my search of the "ideal" bridge-camera. It is now 99% certain that my choice will be the FZ28.

Even if you are discontinuing here,I do hope that we will have the pleasure of seeing more of your work still.

I wish you nice X-mas-holidays and a very happy New Year with lots of new photo-opportunities!

Best regards from Norway!

:bye:

P.S.: I hope that you don't mind, but I have downloaded all of your photos in this topic to look at and to study the IQ, and also to show them to my wife (the treasurer of thisfamily) to persuader her goodwill of me buying the FZ28 in the future...

Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2008, 10:56 AM   #58

Walter_S,

Apologized for the late reply.

Thanks for the comment again but I don't think Ideserve it (I'm still learning). Anyway back to your question. For the flower/hornet photo, the shotswas takenfrom 2 meters away, zoom all the way in (ie. 486mm handheld). Asfocusing of thetelephoto end of the zoom is quite slow, the only option is to pre-focus and hope the hornet move within the frame.

I spent a good 10 to 15 mins. chasing this hornet around this tree as it won't keep still for 2 sec. (quite embarrassing as a lot of onlooker keep staring at me).

As for the "Gain Control = Low gain up" I got this link, hope it is of help to you.

http://www.digicamhelp.com/cgi-bin/y...num=1225988019

I don't mind the download.

and "Merry Christmas" to you and your family
Old Dec 29, 2008, 11:37 AM   #59
scb

[sub][sup]Thanks for posting so many examples of photos from the FZ-28. I've been debating about what camera to get to replace my broken FZ-20, and your photos have convinced me that the FZ-28 will be an excellent choice at a very reasonable cost. I do wish the camera incorporated a hot shoe for flash, but if I want to use an auxillary flash, I'll explore using a slave flash on the camera bracket that I already own.

Very nice shots...please continue to share your work!
[/sup][/sub]
scb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2008, 9:46 AM   #60

rontth,

Thank you so very, very much for taking the time to share all your incredible photos! They are all truly inspiring!

I, too, have been considering purchasing the FZ28 and have been comparing it to the SX!0. Could I please ask you about your photos of the playground? The color is incredibly vivid. Did the colors look the same to your "naked eye"? Or does the camera intensify color?

Thank you for letting us know that the zoom is slow at the telephoto end. That may be a consideration for some people.

Thank you again for sharing your knowledge of the FZ28 and your magnificent photos!

Best.....MaryRose
MaryRose is offline   Reply With Quote