Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 15, 2003, 9:40 AM   #1

Default Have you pre-ordered?

From the response I got when calling Video Direct - I'm not near the front of the line. I don't know them from Adam...don't ever expect to be invited to lunch...will never drive 800mi to the store..but they seemed more than capable of taking my Visa # as anyone.

As a manufacturer (in another industry) who deals direct with people in many parts of the world...and who has perhaps 1,000's of Visa and MC numbers in file cabinets - "I".."as is ME"..has more to fear from TAKING cards vs. my customers giving me their number.

I can prove delivery...and you the consumer can simply deny reciept of goods, and the card company takes the funds back out of my account. If you are five states away, I can drive to the county in which you live and file a small claims action...come back for the hearing...and even if the judge say's; "Pay'em - I may have to get a lawyer to file a lien on your house, and wait for you to sell it.

If you need an excuse to wait, base it more on image quality of pink flowers, but don't worry about giving someone a creditcard number.

I'm a Sony, Contax (2 of), Rollei shooter who's pretty excited at the FZ10 prospect.

...who'd think I'd ever be buying cameras from frickin' stereo outfits!?

anxious to play,

Jim
Wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2003, 3:06 PM   #2

Unfortunately Video Direct is in Florida and Iím too cheap to pay the tax.

Since Panasonic links them on their site as their retailer for all sorts of products I think they are a safe bet though.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2003, 4:24 PM   #3

I couldn't stand the wait either!

It sounds like such a sweet little camera that I think sales will outpace supply for a while. I have no patience for supplies to catch up so I pre-ordered from Video Direct about five days ago. He said I was about "sixth in line".
ckonarske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2003, 5:30 PM   #4

I am pre-ordered. Last week I went to a Ritz Camera store in Nashua NH and placed an order for a FZ10 black model, (the only model they currently list.) I'll be the first kid on the block, from here to have one; but there's no date of expected shipment from Panasonic as yet.
m.achure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2003, 6:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.achure
I am pre-ordered. Last week I went to a Ritz Camera store in Nashua NH and placed an order for a FZ10 black model, (the only model they currently list.) I'll be the first kid on the block, from here to have one; but there's no date of expected shipment from Panasonic as yet.
I talked to them on Monday and they hadn't even heard of the FZ10. The guy didn't even know the FZ1 was only 2mp.
moretoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2003, 8:29 AM   #6

moretoys wrote:
I talked to them on Monday and they hadn't even heard of the FZ10.

Did you talk with a Ritz Camera store manager or to RitzCamera.com?? They are two seperate entities. If it was the .com, that might explain the discrepancy. A store should be able to check on their computer system and find the DMC-FZ10K for you.
Old Oct 16, 2003, 12:37 PM   #7

I went to the store and just talked to the clerk.
moretoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2003, 1:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by moretoys
I went to the store and just talked to the clerk.

The clerk I 1st talked to didn't know about the FZ-10 either until I gave him copies of information I had brought along. He then asked the manager who said he knew vaguely of it but then checked on their computer system to find the "K" model listed, though not presently available.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 9:24 AM   #9

Here is another store to preorder .
Seems to be rated better.
http://focuscamera.com/sc/main_item....8&lhalf=allacc

Gene
genece is offline   Reply With Quote