Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 3, 2008, 3:44 PM   #1

Would like to hear what people have used & how much they like/dislike them

Thanks
Doug Boufford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 4, 2008, 8:45 AM   #2

I would read the test here, and do not think you will find an exception.....you will not.........the FZ30 has a large lens and not many TC's work with it. Its a different story for the smaller FZs but the FZ10 ,20 and 30/50 are different cameras.
http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/User-Guide/FZ-30/
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2008, 9:14 AM   #3

Thanks for that!
What a great site

I sense from your message that a tele is NOT a good idea - yet from above site, I assume that a tele add-on is good if you are shooting something in the far distance (ie: not within a few metres)

Are my impressions wrong??

Thanks for your help. I'll be spending some time on that site
Doug Boufford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:08 AM   #4

There is nothing wrong with TC's..... I own several. but as the power goes up so does the minimum focus distance.....so they are not graet for near objects (if you have the TC on and you are taking photos of something 4 meters away things will work fine but if the object moves closer to you you may need to chage to macro mode or remove the converter.....I only use them for distant shots and while you do give up some quality....as with most things in photography , is what you give up worth what you gain.........Anymore I am beginning to think it is not but that is only my opinion.......your opinion may be much different.
The TCon17 is a good TC for the FZ50 and the Nikon TC-E17EDis the best choice but its very expensive.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote