Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 5, 2008, 6:24 PM   #11

Tullio-

Thanks very much for the rapid reply. I find myself using my DSLR cameras less and less. The quality that I could achieve with a FZ-28/LX-3 pairing has become much, muchbetter, making the use of a DSLR camera become even more questionable.

The Panny G-1 is impressive but over priced in my opinion. It also does not do away with the problem of lens changing in certain circumstance as you found in the California Caverns.

The dual camera answer using, for example, the FZ-28 and the LX-3, I sincerely believe is becoming a much more viable and useful answer. It would surely streamline andreduce the weight and size of the camera bag.

I have not used a DSLR since the 2008 Princess World Cruise early in the year, and I sincerely have not missed it. It is surely food for thought.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2008, 1:17 AM   #12

The LX3 seems to be an excellent pocket camera, good for portraits, indoors, landscape and macro photography. The only limitation is the lack of reach with its 2.5x optical zoom lens. However, IQ is so good that cropping may be the answer or...the FZ28 as a complement.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2008, 7:45 PM   #13

Hey Tulio

A nice series of street shots.... and pretty cool in B&W!

Cheers

Harj

:? :O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2008, 2:23 AM   #14

Thanks, Harj. I'm having a lot of fun playing with B&W.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 8:16 PM   #15

Very nice series. I like the use of b/w, and I agree, that third shot looks a bit European. I like the blurry aspects of the people - gives a sense of activity and motion.
When our daughter was just beginning to look into colleges, we stopped San Jose State to look at their photography department. I was pretty impressed, but our little girl was overwhelmed by the experience. After she was done taking classes that day, she cried in our arms saying she was scared of going to college (this was her first college experience). Anyhow, that night we went to Santana Row for dinner, and after five minutes decided, this was where she wanted to go to school. And I thought college tuition was going to be expensive! ;-)
Daniel
danielsonkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2008, 2:32 AM   #16

Thanks very much for the comments, Daniel. Yes, San Jose is a nice "big" city (not just because I live here) and SJ University is a great University. Your daughter will do well, I have no doubt. Besides, you are not that far anyway. Sausalito is just 65 miles away (if that).