Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 10, 2008, 11:52 PM   #11

Hi folks!

No my last "Gem" LX-3 will NOT replace my lovely DLR's...(A KM7D + Nikon D-300), but as today I'm in some manner "Invalid"...was looking for something with a high quality lens/wider as possible (24mm... F: 2 in this case...I'm lucky!), for carry with me "ALL THE TIME"...when I go outside home...this Panasonic...(Cheaper that the same camera under "Leica" brand name & logo!!!:idea, fills my needs!. BTW,,,my Canon still in the family...today my second daughter who is traveling in Australia & NZ...took it!. Really she makes superb photos at "P"...all the times.

It's possible that I will acquire de leather case for the camera near $:90.00 with "Lumix" logo...sure more expensive with "Leica" logo on it...depends if somebody can acquired for me there in US?:?

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2008, 10:55 PM   #12

The first 2 are great pictures Alex. Good job!
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2008, 11:14 PM   #13

Hello to all of you!

Yesterday snap another one...want to share with you...as seriously I'm extremely impressed of the "Sharpness"...of the Leica Sumicron lens that is fitted on this "Gem"!.

Enjoyed...

Peace,

Alex 007
Attached Images

Old Dec 15, 2008, 11:32 PM   #14

Very sharp indeed. Nice shot, Alex.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2008, 11:42 PM   #15

Alex-

You ae amazing! I never fail to be enraptured by your photos. Now, please tell us honestly, will the Panasonic LX-3 repalace your DSLR cameras?

It is really a great P&S camera. What do you think?

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2008, 12:04 AM   #16

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Alex-

You ae amazing! I never fail to be enraptured by your photos. Now, please tell us honestly, will the Panasonic LX-3 repalace your DSLR cameras?

It is really a great P&S camera. What do you think?

Sarah Joyce
Hello Sarah,

NOT really..but when I walk very dificulty, as I'm a little bit invalid, caring this lovely "Gem"...it's per incidentally..much easy to carry, that my lovely KM 7D or my last added Nikon D-300/grip with only 18-20mm VR travel zoom lens.
Secondy YET...it's my "UNIQUE" digitally camera with REALLY a 24mm wide angle lens, which outside when i walk is really imperative to have it...as the super sharp Sumicron lens fitted is F'2 at 24mm or 2,8 at 60mm...give the oportunity to enjoy lower ISO (Sarper & grain/noise free!). Fot so...i selected it.

Trusting that my poor English will be comprehend to all of you!:?

BTW...Add another example from my sole inspiration form yeterday...:G

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Dec 16, 2008, 1:01 PM   #17

Another nice one, Alex. I also don't believe that the LX3 can replace a DSLR. If nothing else, because of its lens limitation in terms of range. It's almost like using a prime on a DSLR at all times. However, I think is is feasible to substitute a DSLR by a couple of P&S (FZ28 and LX3 for instance), which will then provide a wider FL coverage. But again, that depends on the individual and how much one is willing to compromise in terms of IQ. Both cameras I mentioned have good IQ but I think it does not quite compare to a higher end DSLR.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2008, 5:01 AM   #18

Hi to all Panasonic LX-3 owners & or fans!

Yesterday my first Son, who comprehend very well computers...download me in a SD memory card the new LX-3 firmware...1.1, so transferred to my lovely "Gem", & today make some "Test' shoots...which decided to select two of them...yes honestly...were PP trough PSP-9.01 first & Photoscape after...back to my last Picasa version 3.1 (Which also was updated yesterday morning!), trusting that all of you will be glad as I'm!

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Dec 18, 2008, 5:02 AM   #19

The second one...

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Dec 18, 2008, 8:29 PM   #20

Hi! I have to agree with the others. You do very well, no matter which camera you use. The LX3 works very well for you.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote