Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 12, 2008, 11:30 PM   #1
K8

It arrived yesterday, and so far I'm quite impressed. It wont replace my FZ30 but will be a companion camera.

So far I'm most impressed with the image stabilization and the lack of noise in dark shots. It looks like a bit of a learning curve, but I'm really excited to take a trip down to Bosque del Apache and shoot some photos of the birds.

Here's 2 of my first shots, one taken at sunset and one on the Plaza in Santa Fe, both handheld. The sunset was shot using IA and the street scene using night illumination mode.
Attached Images

K8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 12, 2008, 11:33 PM   #2
K8

OOPs, here's the second shot

Kate

http://cholulared.blogspot.cpm

Attached Images

Old Dec 13, 2008, 6:40 AM   #3

Great night-shot, K8 - Well exposed and sharp (handheld!). I quiet like the atmosphere as well.

It looks as if you have made the right choice with the FZ28

)
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2008, 10:45 AM   #4

Great night shots. You obviously have VERY steady hands!!

As another FZ30 owner, I'm curious what made you add the FZ28 - ie: what's in the 28 that you can't do with the 30.

Thanks
Doug
Doug Boufford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2008, 12:52 PM   #5
K8

Doug

I LOVE my FZ30 and will be keeping it for sure. That said, I carry it with me all the time and it is a bit large, taking up almost all the room in the bag that I usually carry.

So the size and weight were a big consideration, as well as the 18X zoom. Now, having played with it for only one day, I have to say, I'm really impressed.

I have incredibly shaky hands, so it would seem that the steadiness of the shots can, in no small part, be attributed to the stabilization software in the FZ28. I have a feeling that the software on the new camera is an improvement over the sw on the FZ30. Actually, if I could transfer the new sw and the 18x zoom to the FZ30, I'd have the perfect camera!

I haven't read the manual yet, I know there's a ton of stuff to discover about this camera, but I'm sure having a good time.

Kate

http://cholulared.blogspot.com
&
http://www.cholulared.com