Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 16, 2008, 11:15 AM   #1

Hello All,

I just picked up a new Lumix TZ5 a couple days ago. I already updated the firmware to 1.2 as well.

The issue I am having is the iA mode seems to be giving everything a reddish tint. This happens more often when the camera does the double flash. When I switch to manual mode, it does not appear nearly as much.

One of the main reasons I bought this camera was of the quality iA mode I had read about. (The wife wants a simple to use camera). So far the iA mode has given reddish tints and cannot do anything with fast action. (Taking pictures of an active 4 year old in iA mode has been useless. The blur is horrible.)

Does anyone have any ideas on what I am missing??

I haveuploaded two photos at the link below. (Please excuse the quality… but should be able to see the difference in color.) One is in iA mode and the other is in Manual with intelligent exposure turned on.

http://gixxer.smugmug.com/gallery/68...37791548_BnGXQ

Thanks,

J

gixxer_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 16, 2008, 6:15 PM   #2

Hi J-

At first glance, it would appear that you had an incompatible WB setting. Are these reddish photos appearing when you ar taking photo inside a home or a building? That would verify the incompatible WB setting. If you are shooting indoors without flash you will have to switch your WB setting to a tungsten WB. This is indicated on the TZ-5's WB menu as a light bulb.

The blur is probably occurring under almost the same conditions, I would guess. If you are attempting to use the IA mode indoors without flash you will be forced into very slow shutter speeds, which will cause blurring.

Please keep in mind to get the best photos inside a home or a building that you will probably have to use the camera's built-in flash unit. Also, please keep in mind that the effective flash range of that built-in flash on the TZ-5 is only between 8 to 10 feet.

Please let me know if these little fixes help out. The TZ-5 is a very capable camera and you should be getting excellent photos from the camera. Like this one of my husband.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2008, 6:20 PM   #3

Hi J-

At first glance, it would appear that you had an incompatible WB setting. Are these reddish photos appearing when you ar taking photo inside a home or a building? That would verify the incompatible WB setting. If you are shooting indoors without flash you will have to switch your WB setting to a tungsten WB. This is indicated on the TZ-5's WB menu as a light bulb.

The blur is probably occurring under almost the same conditions, I would guess. If you are attempting to use the IA mode indoors without flash you will be forced into very slow shutter speeds, which will cause blurring.

Please keep in mind to get the best photos inside a home or a building that you will probably have to use the camera's built-in flash unit. Also, please keep in mind that the effective flash range of that built-in flash on the TZ-5 is only between 8 to 10 feet.

Please let me know if these little fixes help out. The TZ-5 is a very capable camera and you should be getting excellent photos from the camera. Like this one of my husband.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote