Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 24, 2008, 11:49 PM   #1

Tonight (12/24) I teamed up the FZ-28 with the DigiSlave 3000 (available at B&H) and produced excellent results. If you have desired a high quality bounce external flash to use with your FZ-18, FZ-28, FX-37, or even the LX-3 this is an excellent alternative.

Here is a photo sample from the FZ-28. But please Keep in mind that this is a Slave Flash. It will work with any digital camera. Wouldn't you like to have results like this with your digital camera? Its pretty amazing!

Happy Holidays!

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 26, 2008, 8:49 AM   #2

I have this flash and have recommended it off and on for the last three years that I have had it. I got mine at: bugeyedigital.com and the also have the DPS 9000 lithium ion battery that I read recommended here on this forum also a few years back.

It is a great flash for any digital camera as you mentioned and works with any camera with a hotshoe. The directions are pretty simple to understand since you will need to know how to use it manually.

One thing I did wish it had was a swivel head but, hey since it is a slave I can take it off the camera and use it hand held, which is something I also do.

I concur with your recommendation.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2008, 1:09 PM   #3

Thanks for your post, Viz-

The DigiSlave 3000 will work with any digital camera that has a built-in flash unit. Not only does it allow bounce flash, but it also increases the effective flash range of any digital camera by providing more light.

Sarah Joyce
Old Dec 26, 2008, 7:02 PM   #4

Sarah,

Yes, since it is a slave flash it can work with any camera that has flash. I only mentioned that it is also like the popular sunpak 383 that works in a camera with a hotshoe as well. It is not a dedicated flash so the versatility is just the best bang for your buck external flash out there IMHO.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2008, 9:21 PM   #5

Thanks Viz-

Yes, I certainly do agree that the DigiSlave 3000 has the advantage of also working on any hot shoe as well. I apologize for missing that the first time around.

Sarah Joyce