Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 14, 2009, 4:05 PM   #11

Thank Beth!

Itcertainly looks nice and colorful on your screen, but its hard living in these conditions, sometimes! But, anyway - we should be talking photography.

I just love the light in the morning! Its such a joy watching the sun creep up from below the horizon, creating an ever-changing color-playin the sky. In this shot, the sun has just started to send its rays across the water and the ice, to light-up the shore - and on its way she istouching the top of the reeds, colouring them fiery-red!

)

Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2009, 3:30 AM   #12

Had a goat HDR....

Still some way to go, but lots of fun!

)
Old Apr 7, 2009, 7:30 PM   #13

More great photos, Walter!

You are showing real progress.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2009, 11:55 PM   #14

Great photos. I just got the FZ28 and if my pictures come out half as good as yours, I'll be happy!
Dick Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2009, 3:27 AM   #15

Thank you for your kind words, Sarah - and to Dick MontyI must say: You have madea goodchoice, its truly a great camera. Hope you'll get along as good as I do with it, once you get used to it.

Happy Hollydays to you all - I guessthere is something calledEaster in the USA as well?

)

Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:55 PM   #16

Hi Walter, Your images are wonderful!!!!! I especially like the HDR - you did not over process it. I really like the harbor scenes.

I grew up near the beach in California and now live in Arizona - the desert. Many find the desert very beautiful. I really like the water and the coast. One of the fascinations I have here on Steve's is the ability to see the postings like yours from around the world. So please keep these coming, as I really enjoy the images from Norway!!!!
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2009, 2:20 AM   #17

interested_observer wrote:
Quote:
...I grew up near the beach in California and now live in Arizona - the desert. Many find the desert very beautiful. I really like the water and the coast.
Hello interested_observer!

I don't normally do requests - but since you are obviously in the wrong place (in the desert in Arizona) for sea-scape's, I'll humor you with another picture from the Norwegian coast.

Not very new, but still another HDR, renderedfrom earlier shots I have kept. I hope you'll feel the cold in this picture:

This must be as far from your environment in Nevada, as it gets....:-)

Since the sun is shining today, and I am in a good mood, I dedicate another seaside-picture to your curiosity! This shot was taken only last week, showing a scene from one of my walks along the coast here in the area where I live. HDR as well.

Hope you'll enjoy these pictures as well. Have a nice day!

Greetings from Norway

Old Apr 22, 2009, 5:24 PM   #18

Walter_S wrote:
Quote:
I know that sunset-pictures are "boring" to some of you more sophisticated viewers and that most of┬*you┬*dSLR-owners will not be impressed, but I cannot help but being proud of my new Panasonic DMC FZ28 giving me such details and I just love that┬*wide-angel view.
Really good pictures (like these) are never boring. 8)
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2009, 9:39 AM   #19

Thank you, penolta - I love that bird you have in your Avatar. We do have this bird here in Norway as well, we call it "Makrellterne". It derives its name from the fact that it can spot mackerels (ar any other shoal-fish)in the sea. A terrific flying acrobat and a shrewd finder of herring or any other shoal of fish out in the sea. We use to wait and watch this bird, until it gives its signal and dives into thewater for small sardines / herrings - then we take our boat into the area and start fishing. It never fails!

Anyway, I thought I would share with you 2 photos which give a good example of the FZ-28'srange of zoom.

I was out on the rocks along the coast one morning, waiting for the sun to come up, shooting some 400-shots - mainly for panoramic- and HDR-exercises.

At 05:30 AM

Looking at this picture: To the left, way out there on the horizon and on the rock isthis lighthouse, you can barely see it as a small square with a gray roof on, against the dull sky.

At 06:23 AM

Now look at this picture - which was takenfrom the same position, but with thefull-lengthtele (all of 486mm) zoom, and there we have the same lighthouse. This time the rock is so near that you can actually pick out small seagulls sitting on the rock, waiting for the sun to warm them (it was a cold night - I had to scrape the windshield on my carfree ofice!)

At 05:05 AM and the sun still below the horizon. This is looking in the other direction.

See ya folks!

)

Old Apr 23, 2009, 12:23 PM   #20

Walter_S wrote:
Quote:
Thank you, penolta - I love that bird you have in your Avatar. We do have this bird here in Norway as well, we call it "Makrellterne". It derives its name from the fact that it can spot mackerels (ar any other shoal-fish)┬*in the sea. A terrific flying acrobat and a shrewd finder of herring or any other shoal of fish out in the sea. We use to wait and watch this bird, until it gives its signal and dives into the┬*water for small sardines / herrings - then we take our boat into the area and start fishing. It never fails!
Thank you, Walter. This bird, the Elegant Tern, Thallaseus (or Sterna) elegans, is one of my favorites. Your bird may be a related species, but it would not be this one, as it is confined to the Pacific coast of North America.
This photo was taken with a Pentax dslr, but the Panasonic FZ cameras are capable of good bird photos, too. The following picture of a very small Allen's Hummingbird (after it had taken a bath) was made with an FZ18.

Keep up the good work, but I might suggest that you start a new thread for any additional pictures, as this one has so many of your excellent images that it takes a long time to load, even on a fast computer, and possibly cannot be viewed at all on slower ones.
Attached Images

penolta is offline   Reply With Quote