Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 25, 2009, 1:53 PM   #21

penolta wrote:
Quote:
...Keep up the good work, but I might suggest that you start a new thread for any additional pictures, as this one has so many of your excellent images that it takes a long time to load, even on a fast computer, and possibly cannot be viewed at all on slower ones.
O.K. penolta - I will take your advice to start a new tread for further pictures.

Thank you for the bird-lesson about the tern (Thalasseua Elegance). Yes it seems to be the same family but slightly different. Great bird anyway!

)
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2009, 8:17 PM   #22

Hi Walter,

I really love all your photos that you have posted. They all well composed and quality of the photos are simply breathtaking. You have ultilised the FZ28 camera well, I particulary love the 2 HDR photos that you posted.

Quote:

I was not very sucessful with my HDR photos they don't appear natural to me. Perphaps you can share some tips (like setting)and program that you have use for the HDR creation. By the way are all your photos direct from jpeg or from raw.

And again, great job Walter

Regards,

Rontth (Singapore)

rontth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2009, 2:56 PM   #23

Hello rontth!

Thank you for your kind words concerning these HDR-pictures. I don't know what I do, really. I just use Photomatix Pro 3 to produce what you see here. It took quite sometime to get some descent results after much trial & error. I still do not know exactly what all the functions do - or let me say it this way.

Photomatix acts in strange ways some times, and altering a slider on the scales does not always produce the same thing(??)! It's quite frustrating at times as some colours turn out heavily on the "artificial" side, and sometimes not. All I can advice you to is to keep on trying and not to give up.

At first I liked the more extreme HDR-effects of fairy-like expressions with big halo's around points of great contrast, like this one... (which is a panorama and a HRD)

and this one...

....but lately I go more for the subtle, more natural look, like this street-scene...

and this landscape here:

whichlooks more natural.

By the way, all my pictures are direct Jpeg's, as I have not had the time (or the guts?) to experience with RAW-files yet. It seems an awful lot of work with big and heavy files.

Best regards from Norway!

)

Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote