Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 22, 2003, 7:48 AM   #1

Default Hoya Filter won't fit FZ1

The other day I tried putting a 55mm Hoya UV filter on my FZ1 using the tube adapter. For some odd reason, the filter would not screw onto the front of the adapter (the part that the lens hood attaches to) but it would fit the back end of the tube. So, to use the UV filter I have to screw the front of the adapter onto the camera and then screw the filter onto the rear of the adapter.

I also have a Vivitar closeup set and a SunPak ND filter and they will screw on the front of the tube adapter with no problems.

Anyone else experience this?

Any recommendations?

Thank you.
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 22, 2003, 8:23 AM   #2

The threads in the front end of the tube adapter start about .5mm into the tube. Thus, it is difficult to get a good connection before running out of filter threads. Removal of that .5mm of plastic with sandpaper might help.
However, the threads in the rear (camera) end of the adapter start even further in (2mm?) and those threads are 55.2mm (I think). Maybe the Hoya threads are 55.2mm? Strange.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2003, 11:39 AM   #3

Ok, well, I'm not going to alter the tube just to get the filter to work. Since it works with the tube reversed, I guess I'll have to do it that way for Hoya filters.

I guess I should clarify that the filter doesn't exactly screw into the back of the tube, it just kind of seats itself in there.
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote