Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 23, 2003, 8:02 AM   #1

Default Warranty ?

Hello everybody,

I'd like to know if a Camera (the FZ10) bought in the US keep its warranty when used in Europe ?
Or does it have to be sent back to the US ?

In other words, is the Panasonic Warranty an International warranty ?

Thanks for your answer.

Regards,
Limerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 23, 2003, 10:22 AM   #2

Default Warranty

Hello,

I am from Czech REpublic and here you have waranty only if you buy any Panasonic product here.

But I am going to buy it in USA :-)
grun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2003, 10:55 AM   #3

Nope...
The terms ofthe warranty specifically state that it's only valid in the country it was intended to be sold in.

This means,
1. A camera that was only intended to be sold in the U.S. would not have a warranty in another part of the world.
2. The warranty on an FZ10 purchased in Europe would only be valid in Europe.

Some products are sold with an International warranty, but not this one. Of course, we would always try to assist any customer regardless of where they are from. And more times than not they leave 100% satisfied, but you cannot assume that Service / Support, or accessory availability will be the same out of region as in region.
Panasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2003, 10:55 AM   #4

Nope...
The terms ofthe warranty specifically state that it's only valid in the country it was intended to be sold in.

This means,
1. A camera that was only intended to be sold in the U.S. would not have a warranty in another part of the world.

Some products are sold with an International warranty, but not this one. Of course, we would always try to assist any customer regardless of where they are from. And more times than not they leave 100% satisfied, but you cannot assume that Service / Support, or accessory availability will be the same out of region as in region.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 10:55 AM   #5

Nope...

This means,

Old Oct 23, 2003, 10:55 AM   #6

Nope...

This means,

Old Oct 23, 2003, 10:56 AM   #7

Nope...

This means,

Old Oct 23, 2003, 11:37 AM   #8

Thanks Bob for your replies

Ok, I must ask for a International Warranty, if possible.

So, for example, if I spent few years in States and 9 months before going back to Europe I buy a FZ10, I'll have to send it back to US if a problem occurs in the last three months of the 12-month warranty...

That's not funny :?
Old Oct 23, 2003, 11:57 AM   #9

I've just give a phone call to FocusCamera and they told me that there was an International Warranty for Panasonic.

You think they are wrong Bob ?
Old Oct 23, 2003, 3:32 PM   #10

Nope - again!
To the best of my knowledge our digital cameras come with a regional warranty. I say this because we actually include two cards, one for Canada and another for the U.S.

If the product is not sold with an International warranty, you cannot purchase it.

My suggestion is to purchse it where you primary residance will be for the first year you own the camera. That's the length of the warranty and it would only matter during that one year period. After that, any repair would be paid for out of pocket.