Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 15, 2009, 3:53 PM   #1

The TZ5 only comes with an external battery charger, so every time it is necessary to remove the camera battery before charging. All my previous compacts had charging stations permitting charging with the battery still in camera.

Panasonic offer an optional accessory AC adaptor - DMW-AC5 for powering the camera during long periods of use such as down loading or connecting to a HD TV.

My question is - does this AC adaptor also charge the internal battery?

Most of the suppliers contacted don't know and suggest I purchase one and try it. I am reluctant to do this as the only reason to purchase is to charge the internal battery.

This question may be equally applicable to any or all of the TZ range of products.

Any advise on this matter most welcome

ramonford

ramonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2009, 4:03 PM   #2

There is no such dock to charged the battery while in the camera. You are going to have to take it out to charge it. The only digital camera I have ever owned that had such a dock was the first digicam I ever owned....a little Kodak Easyshare DX6440.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2009, 6:07 PM   #3

Hi I just bought an LX3, you can not charge the battery in the camera even with the (optional) AC power lead.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"My old Soney coolpix you do charge the battery in the camera, no dock just plug AC lead straight into the camer but not the LX3, probabley none of the LUMIX.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Nigel
ngoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2009, 6:57 PM   #4

Thanks Greg and ngoring for your replies.

I think I get the message and will have to remove the battery for charging.

The main reason for charging in camera is because of the low rent quality of the battery door, this is most defiantly not in keeping with the rest of the camera and will most probably be the first part to fail.

I don't know what they were thinking about when designing this item, one of the worst I have ever seen.

Any one got or had problems in this area

ramonford
ramonford is offline   Reply With Quote