Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 13, 2009, 4:11 PM   #1

I really like the DMC-FZ28 for a great potable camera that I can have with me most of the time. But, in saying that, is it wearable on my belt? I cannot find a DMC-FZ28 locally to visually see how big it really is. Width & height aren't much bigger than the Canon SX110. The width though is the big problem. It is 3.5" thick!

I found a nice tight fabric bag made especially for this camera that has a belt loop. Here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330314140687

Is the DMC-FZ28 going to be large to lug around this way? Any of you currently carrying the DMC-FZ28 this way? Is it awkward, practical?

or

Sould I go the Canon SX110 way & be happy with that?
But I really DO like the DMC-FZ28.......

TIA!
Tom M.
Mars777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 13, 2009, 8:29 PM   #2

If you're OK with the SX110's features, but want a few more features, how does the forthcoming Lumix ZS3 grab you? Yes, it costs a bit more, but you would have 12X zoom instead of 10X, and stereo HD video with zoom in a form factor that appears to be on the same scale of compactness as the SX110.

I contemplated an FZ28 myself, but discarded it since the video feature only got lukewarm reviews and the form factor seemed to be the same lumpy shape as my old Canon S1IS. Wound up going with the Sony T500 and am very pleased, though keeping my eye on the ZS3 for the added zoom power.
Transit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2009, 8:43 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply!

Yes I've checked out the ZS3 & the Samsung HZ15W. I want full manual controls and the HZ15W has grainy pictures! To bad, I really wanted that camera.

Thanks Again!
Mars777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2009, 9:46 PM   #4

Yeah, that is probably the fatal flaw about the ZS3,no manual control. I had eyed the HZ10 and actually had a pre-order in, til I got impatient and snapped up the T500, since it has about the best HD Video for my upcoming trip, but its probably the first camera I've had in years lacking manual control.

I'm a little underwhelmed at Samsung's IQ as well, and am contemplating the Sony HX1 as my next full capability camera.
Transit29 is offline   Reply With Quote