Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 11, 2009, 9:36 PM   #1

Woo-hoo get the cam on monday....stupid question that I have is this my pc doesnt have a card reader Im sure I can just hook up the cam via usb to upload to the pc, right?
Dont mind an excited guy aboutto get his new toy the Kodak did me well but cant wait for this one
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 12, 2009, 12:39 AM   #2

The camera comes with a USB cable for transferring files to a PC. On two different PCs (running WinXP Home and WinXP Pro), I had to enter my FZ28's SETUP menu and change the USB MODE parameter to "PC." By default, it was set to "SELECT ON CONNECTION," but neither of my PCs would see the camera in that mode.

I connect the cable and then turn on the camera. Windows immediately sees it as another drive. When I'm done transferring/deleting files, I just turn off the camera and its drive icon disappears - then I disconnect the cable.

BTW, in order to get to the correct parameter in the camera's SETUP menu, you'll have to turn the dial to a mode other then "iA (Intelligent Auto)." I just turned the dial to "P," but I believe other modes will work as well. The FZ28's SETUP and other MENU options change, depending on which mode the dial is in. In "Intelligent Auto" mode, you can only change a few parameters.

Mike
mike_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2009, 1:34 AM   #3

Thanks for the info it does help alot :G
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2009, 8:04 AM   #4

You're very welcome! I hope you enjoy the camera.
mike_1 is offline   Reply With Quote