Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 30, 2004, 11:56 PM   #21

I bought one of the attached as a temporary case - still waiting for it to arrive:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

A buddy of mine at work is from Korea, and he's going to get me one of the Panasonic cases made for the FZ1. Will take a couple months until the next shipment from his family (he was just there and I didn't know it!!!). I should probably order a dozen so I can get rich and retire on EBay!
cz9h3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2004, 11:11 PM   #22

Here's an update on my Fuji case (originally designed for the Fuji S602 camera):

I receivedit pretty quickly from Buy.com, and it was even free shipping. The case is really nice and fits the FZ1 like a glove. It will even hold the FZ1 with the barrel adapter, several filters (all I have is three to try), and the lens cap. There is a pocket on the "top" of the case that easily holds two spare batteries and at least three SD cards in their cases.

I'm returning it though for two reasons:

(1) It's not as hard as I would prefer, but it still protects the camera pretty well.

(2) I knew it didn't come with a strap, but I thought I saw eyelets on it for attaching one -- there aren't any. You are expected to use the camera strap (out the sides of the case) as a shoulder strap. I don't use my FZ1's neck strap (I use an after market wrist strap), so that's not a good thing for me. There's also no belt loop, so that's not an option either.

Here are some pictures in case this case would suit you:

Top pocket

Inside of case

Side of case

Buy.com has the best price for it -- $30.

Still searching for that perfect case....
EffZeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2004, 3:19 PM   #23

Another new case... (how many have I bought???)
I just received a Tamrac Digital 6 which is Tamrac's recommended case for the FZ1 and FZ10.

It is a nice quality compact case which should hold an FZ1 vertically with adapter tube, filter, lens cap attached. The front pocket has some fitted areas for batteries etc. but also seems deep enough to hold several additional items. There is also a small zippered pocket on the outside of the lid and a see-through pocket inside the lid.

The lid (which laps over the case on all sides) can easily be used alone just by the velcro under the flap for quick camera access, or can be sealed up tight with the case zipper and the plastic latch.

Internal Dimensions: 5 3/4 W x 3 1/2 D x 5 3/4 H
15 x 9 x 15 cm
External Dimensions: 6 1/4 W x 5 1/2 D x 7 H
16 x 14 x 18 cm

Carolyn

CarolynS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2004, 11:41 PM   #24

I've been using the Lowepro d-Res 30Aw for my FZ1. The camera fits on edge, sideways perfectly. I do have a Yoshida 155 adapter on it all the time so this helps fill up the space. Otherwise, you would need extra padding (included). There's also room for batteries and cards. Comes w/ beltloop, shoulder strap and rain hood.

Al
avux04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2004, 11:00 AM   #25

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
I use this leather Olympus case w/ side pocket and zippered top pocket. I keep the hood adapter on the fz1 at all times with a uv filter and there is room to spare in the bag.

$20 at https://emporium.olympus.com/innards...sku=200671-410
Fred,

Does this bag have room for the battery charger and cable?

What kind of carrying mechanism is supplied? If it's a shoulder strap, does it stay on the shoulder without slipping off?! Is the strap, or whatever, made of the same leather as the bag? Is this bag adaqately padded?

Many thanks.

Jane
nmastae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2004, 12:05 PM   #26

I have an OpTec D-Offset it is a perfect fit for my FZ20, the camera lives in this inside a Samsonite Trekking 130, the OpTec is like a little neoprene wetsuit with a couple of poppers at the bottom, it is ideal for basic protection if you want to throw the camera over your shoulder and go for a walk, I have pockets in my jeans for a card and battery:-).
pwiles1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2004, 4:03 PM   #27

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
I use this leather Olympus case w/ side pocket and zippered top pocket. I keep the hood adapter on the fz1 at all times with a uv filter and there is room to spare in the bag.

$20 at https://emporium.olympus.com/innards...sku=200671-410

Fred,

I see there is no strap attached to this case. What happens when you want to use the camera?! I assume the case doesn't just fall to the ground...!

What all can you fit in the case? The camera with adapter tube, yes, but what about the tcon or b-macro lenses? Any space for other filters in those little pockets?

Thanks.

Jane

Old Dec 15, 2004, 8:56 PM   #28

The top is velcroed behind Olympus. The bag has a snap-loop for the camera strap. The bag dangles from the strap when the camera's being used. The side pocket was designed to hold four AA batteries. It can hold a couple of fz1 batteries.It also has a velcroed top.The top pocket is zippered andis good for cards and small cables. I keep the fz1 ring in there in case I'm going to use the flash extensively which is like never. Actually I dont really use the bag much anymore. I've started caryying everything in a fanny pack; bmacro, dcr250, r72, tcon17, c210, some step rings, and a battery AND the fz1 witha yoshida adapter attached and capped witha uv filter and the lens cap. The Olympuis bag isnt going to hold all that crap.
I'm ready to ride when my fanny pack's packed.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2004, 9:27 PM   #29

This is what I did, still have room for the tcon14 and the wcon40 if I ever get them a a good for me price. I can put one on each side of the camera with room to spare. There is the charger at the top, the two extra batteries on the bottom (the original goes between them at the bottom) I included a 1 foot rule for size comparison.
Attached Images

GnomonMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2004, 12:26 AM   #30

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
The top is velcroed behind Olympus. The bag has a snap-loop for the camera strap. The bag dangles from the strap when the camera's being used. The side pocket was designed to hold four AA batteries. It can hold a couple of fz1 batteries.It also has a velcroed top.The top pocket is zippered andis good for cards and small cables. I keep the fz1 ring in there in case I'm going to use the flash extensively which is like never. Actually I dont really use the bag much anymore. I've started caryying everything in a fanny pack; bmacro, dcr250, r72, tcon17, c210, some step rings, and a battery AND the fz1 witha yoshida adapter attached and capped witha uv filter and the lens cap. The Olympuis bag isnt going to hold all that crap.
I'm ready to ride when my fanny pack's packed.
Fred,

Are you using a regular, garden variety fanny pack, or a special photographic one?

If it's a regular one, how did you pad it up?

Jane