Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 26, 2009, 2:59 PM   #11

Congratulations, Walter!

Thanks for posting some really excellent work. Well done! I feel just as Tullio does. Our photos should first of all please us, the photographer.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2009, 3:24 AM   #12

Hello Sarah / mtclimber, and thank you for your kind words!

Have a nice day!

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2009, 6:54 PM   #13

"Walter_S",
I have just bought the FZ28 a few days ago and got it because the DSLR and lenses I normally carry were getting much too heavy. I was worried that this camera wouldn't be able to produce anywhere near the kind of quality the dslr could but after looking at your picture I see I needn't have worried. I have taken a few pictures with mine and am very pleased with the results so far.

Let me just say that these are some of the best pictures I have seen in a long while. As for the remark about overprocessing I also tend to do the same especially with the colour. I like either deep vibrant colour pictures or dark moody one depending on the subject of course. Keep up the good work and please post a few more.

John
Pixmate700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2009, 11:14 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixmate700 View Post
Keep up the good work and please post a few more.

John
Thank you for your kind words, pixmate!

Just a local scene with boats and water - the two most importat things to me - besides my FZ-28 that is!
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/at...1&d=1246720130

I did not sharpen the image, after converting to lower quality to match the requirements here of maximum 253 Kb - I see now, that I should have... ...but I am always hesitant to any sharpening-process. I feel that I do not have ful control of it, yet.
Attached Images

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!

Last edited by Walter_S; Jul 4, 2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 2:39 PM   #15

That's a nice shot. I don't think you need to sharpen it at all.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2009, 6:53 PM   #16

I love the bird photo. What zoom & setting did you have the camera when you took that?? I am wanting to play around with bird photos. Thank You,
KayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2009, 5:36 AM   #17

Thanks, Tullio - it's just that the original has got more details and "punch". Some of the sharpeness is always lost during conversions.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hello KayC,
First of all, the FZ-28 is not really the right camera for bird-photos (I hate to admit, but a DSLR and long tele would be the thing for this!). It's a good all-round camera and I love it for its lens. But you'd have to be on friendly terms with your birds when you shoot them, as you would'nt be able to get close enough to get a details shot.

I guess I was lucky with this one, as I sat (very quiet and frozen-still) on a garden chair about 20 feet away from a bird-feeder, waiting for the right moment.
Anyway, here are some of the details I read of my EXIF-data:

Panasonic Lumix FZ-28 with the Mode Dial set to P:
- ISO200
- f 5.0
- 1/200 sec
- WhiteBalance = Auto
- Focal length = 486mm (equivalent) that is full-out zoom on the FZ-28
- Sharpness = Hard
- Saturation = High
- Contrast = Soft
- GainUp Control = Low (do not ask me what this is, I never touched or changed this!)

- PP and vignetted in Photoshop Elements

Good luck!

Old Jul 6, 2009, 2:39 PM   #18

Another one her for our Panasonic-community!

A maritime scene from Norway's eastern coast, shot on one of those unforgettable summer-evenings in nice weather with the sun low on the horizon, spreading that fantastic mellow evening-light. Observing nature in such beautiful light, one does want to shoot, and shoot and shoot to try and capture the essence of the warm atmosphere - but in vain. A mere picture can only give you a slight idea of what it really is like!

Enjoy!

P.S.: The picture has not been processed, other than removed an ugly power-line going to the light-houses roof with the Healing Brush Tool, and then minimized! So the coloures are in fact real.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/at...1&d=1246905435
Attached Images

Last edited by Walter_S; Jul 6, 2009 at 2:48 PM.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 3:26 PM   #19

Default Pepperhavn / Hvaler archipelago in Southern Norway:

Midsummer and boating in Norway.

Last edited by Walter_S; Jul 7, 2009 at 3:28 PM. Reason: Spelling-error in headline! :o( Should read: Papperhavn
Old Jul 7, 2009, 3:35 PM   #20

Great capture of a beautiful scenery! Well done.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote