Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 27, 2009, 3:12 PM   #51

Default Keep on trying, Tullio!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
...so the three images I got from the exposure bracketing were not 100% identical and as a result, the combined image was not clear at all...
There should not be too big of a problem. Most of my HDR's are in fact taken hand-held - but with the bracket-exposure, which after all, gives you 3 exposures in rapid consec(whats it called...? Cannot remember the right expression). That should be close enough for Photomatic to align the pic's.

You just have to keep on trying and

Remember to tick off the appropriate boxes, like in this picture - thats what I do, anyway.
Good luck!!
Attached Images

Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2009, 12:59 AM   #52

Thanks once again, Walter. You've been most helpful.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2009, 2:14 PM   #53

By the way, Tullio - simple has put together a brief but very helpful introduction to photomatix in the C&T-forum under Post Your Photos-section. You might want to hav a look there as well?

You'll fin it here: http://forums.steves-digicams.com/cr...hotomatix.html

-------------------------------------------------------

Here is another HDR_motiv, close to my home. Taken at low-tide.

Enjoy!

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!
Old Sep 28, 2009, 4:09 PM   #54

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Great shot...what a nice place to live!

Tullio
Old Sep 30, 2009, 2:34 AM   #55

Default FZ-28 and HDR-rendering:

Just another HDR-job, mainly taken to get the feeling of texture in the details...

Have a nice day!

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!
Old Sep 30, 2009, 6:11 PM   #56

Very nice! You have nailed this HDR processing pretty good! I can't get that program to produce one single decent image.

Tullio
Old Oct 3, 2009, 11:28 AM   #57

Default Sunrise in September:

Another happy Pansonic shooting-day has just begun.

Sunrise at Vikertangen / Hvaler in the South of Norway. Now this is NOT a HDR-rendering, but a 'straight' shot.

I just love that lens on my FZ-28 it suites me just fine!!!

Cheers!

Old Oct 6, 2009, 3:12 AM   #58

Default Last tree shots in this thread:

As the FZ-28 is not a novelty anymore - how time flies!!! - I will end this series with these tree shots. The meaning of this thread has been to give some help to those interested in choosing a camera in the 'SuperZoom'-segment, as it is always easier to make up ones mind by looking at examples to see what IQ one can expect. The FZ-28 has now been replaced by a new model (FZ-38 -in Europe / FZ-35 in the US) but maybe someone looking to buy a 2nd hand FZ-28 in the future, will find some comfort in looking at these pictures?

I'v had this great camera now for almost one year and I am still amazed by its possibilities and would buy it again if I had to pick one today! It's been a good camera and it will serve you well - as long as you keep the ISO below 200. As a matter of fact, being aware of the FZ-28's "soft underbelly", I keep my ISO constantly on 100. Panasonic's engineers have got a job to do there, to get rid the of the noise that you undaubtedly will get, once you go higher than ISO200 - but on the other hand I have scarcely seen any trace of purple fringing / chromatic aberration that most of Canons SuperZoomers are riddled with- - like the SX-1 / SX-10 which were the only real alternatives for me when choosing my camera.

Isegran:

Isegran in Fredrikstad / Norway after the sun has settled. September 2009

Viker:

Boatshed in the morning sun. Vikertangen / Hvaler / Norway - September 2009

Tangen / Kråkerøy:

My own 'Backyard' - so to speak , as my house is the one at approxim. 11-o clock, peeking out from behind the green bushes (you can just see part of the roof and balcony) and a thad to the right of the emty flag-pole (the pole on the left side of the picture).

BTW, the "fuzzy" black thing on the dock is my dog "Samson"!

It has been fun to post pictures here, but this Panasonic / Leica-forum has not exactly been one of the best visited ones, so I will continue in the "Post Your Photos"-section.

Take care everyone.

By the way - If you really want to se spectacular shots with the FZ-28, I suggeste you look up the pictures taken by member rontth http://forums.steves-digicams.com/members/rontth.html in his series: http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pa...abilities.html They are just great!

Fantastic!

Last edited by Walter_S; Oct 8, 2009 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Editig out spelling-errors!! :o)
Old Oct 11, 2009, 9:33 AM   #59

Ahhhhh I feel like I'm standing right out there on the rocks looking out over the water. I can almost smell the fresh sea air and feel the breeze on my face. Great job! Thank you for sharing more of your lovely photos. Your Sunset in September is my all time fave in this set of amazing pictures. Beautiful!!!

Teree

Last edited by gotta.learn; Oct 11, 2009 at 9:36 AM.
gotta.learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2009, 11:08 AM   #60

What a perfect way to wrap this up, Walter. These three pictures are gorgeous. You certainly get the most out of your FZ28. Great job. The question is, what's next? Are you planing on upgrading it to the FZ35? I've read some people saying it's better while others think it's not. To me, the upgrade does not make much sense. I'll wait for the next model with longer zoom. Cheers.

Tullio