Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 11, 2009, 3:21 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta.learn View Post
...I can almost smell the fresh sea air and feel the breeze on my face...
Thank you for your kind words, gotta.learn - they are appreciatet!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2009, 3:39 PM   #62

Default Thank you again, Tullio!! :o)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
...what's next? Are you planing on upgrading it to the FZ35?...
No, I see no reason why I should upgrade. I'm perfectly happy with my FZ-28. Besides, I don't think the FZ-35/38 has so much more to offer, anyway. I rarely use the video-function for example.

If I could (financially) I would probably make the jump to a dSLR-camera. The bigger sensor and better IQ is tempting, but for the time being I'll just keep on using my faithfull FZ-28

By the way, do you hav a easy to understand explanation for the FZ-28's AF/AE Lock-function? - AF/AE, AF or AE settings?

I do not understand what they do, and have therefor never touched this button...

Last edited by Walter_S; Oct 11, 2009 at 3:42 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 1:40 AM   #63

I agree, Walter. I was a bit disappointed with the FZ35 announcement myself. I was expecting a longer zoom, which obviously did not happen. Perhaps the next FZ model.

The AF/AE button can be customized (in the menu) to either lock the exposure or the focus. So, say you want to photograph an object that is in the shade on a bright sunny day. When you half press the shutter, the camera does two things: read the light and determine the exposure and pre-focus based on whatever focus setting you've seleted. If you have the button set to AE lock, you can then point the camera to the subject you wish to photograph, half press the shutter and puch the AF/AE button. The camera will retain that exposure. You can then release the shutter, re-focus on the subject and shoot. Having the button set to AF, the camera will lock the focus instead. I have it set to AE lock and I use it quite a bit. It's a great way to obtain the correct exposure when the subject is not quite where you wanted it to be.

Tullio

Last edited by Tullio; Oct 13, 2009 at 12:05 PM.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2009, 1:37 AM   #64

Hello again, Tullio!

Thank you very much for the explanation on the AF/AE button and a pice of advice you gave. Now I understand and will experiment with it. It's really so obviouse now and it makes sense, but not so easily understood when reading the somewhat technically orientet Panasonic Manual.

Take care!

Old Oct 13, 2009, 9:34 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Another happy Pansonic shooting-day has just begun.

Sunrise at Vikertangen / Hvaler in the South of Norway. Now this is NOT a HDR-rendering, but a 'straight' shot.

I just love that lens on my FZ-28 it suites me just fine!!!

Cheers!
That's a lovely image!!
jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2009, 11:05 AM   #66

"No, I see no reason why I should upgrade. I'm perfectly happy with my FZ-28"

I would think it's almost impossible to improve on the quality of the pictures you are posting, Walter. Those colours could easily be the legendary Kodak and I do own the FZ-18 along with a Kodak DX6490 and I see no reason to "upgrade".

Norway has been described as the best country in the world to live in. I can well believe that from the beautiful scenery you are so professionally adept at capturing and posting. Please continue to do so! Thanks for your annual Christmas tree too.

Best wishes, Almar.
Almar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2009, 12:11 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Hello again, Tullio!

Thank you very much for the explanation on the AF/AE button and a pice of advice you gave. Now I understand and will experiment with it. It's really so obviouse now and it makes sense, but not so easily understood when reading the somewhat technically orientet Panasonic Manual.

Take care!...
Glad to help, Walter. I too sometimes have a hard time understanding those manuals as the English translation makes no sense. Fortunately, I've had enough cameras (different brands and models) to kind of guess some of the features and functionality that are not clearly described in the User Guide.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:00 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar View Post
...Thanks for your annual Christmas tree too...
If you know about this, then you must be from the U.K.

Every year, by primo December, the newspapers here in Norway bring an article about the tall tree chopped down in the woods surrounding Oslo (as it is a gift from the town of Oslo to the town of London) and shipped to London.

Thank you for you kind words, but from now on I will continue to post pictures in the "Post Your Photos"-section only, because the visiting-response by viewers (if there are any viewers at all) in this Panasonic / Laica-forum is not the best. As already discussed in the http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pa...ery-quiet.html

And, as I already said in post #58, the FZ-28 is not a novely anymore.

Old Oct 18, 2009, 11:04 PM   #69

I'll trade you my entire DSLR setup for your FZ28. Nice shooting!
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2009, 2:49 AM   #70

Love them all they seem to have the water edge appeal to the small town fisher men waters edge appeal. Like the one I submitted into daily shots that I am adding to Album tonight.
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote