Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 25, 2009, 1:56 PM   #1

My weekend-contribution to the "FZ-28in Norway" today is this little "sweet" small-harbour I came across the other day. Its called Papperhavn http://www.hvaler.net/innhold/fakta/hvalerkart.asp and it seemed like time had stood still in this picturesque place in the South of Norway.

Have a nice week-end!

)

Last edited by Walter_S; May 15, 2009 at 3:14 AM.
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 7, 2009, 4:40 PM   #2

Trying to keep this tread "warm"...

Here is my first attemt at a "wildlife"-picture.
Normally not exactly my "cup of tea" as I really do not have the right camera for wildlife and I am not all that patient - I am more of a landscape-guy - but I couldn't resist this one....

I think it's what we call a "green-finch" over here - but I am not sure....or ist it a "Lemon-Sparrow"? (bad translation)

Panasonic Lumix FZ-28 / ISO200 / f 5.0 / 1/200 sec / Vignetted in Photoshop Elements

Se ya - you good Panny-people!

N.B.: I miss that Spell Check we had on the old software...

Last edited by Walter_S; May 7, 2009 at 5:02 PM.
Old May 14, 2009, 8:31 PM   #3

Well, I for one am impressed with both photos here. The bird pic is beautiful and artfully framed. So is the harbor picture with its amazing carity.

Very nice job.

Teree
gotta.learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 3:18 AM   #4

Thank you so much for your kind words, Teree!
This small harbour, Papperhavn, is one of my favorite spots here in the vincinity. I go there a lot as it has such unspoiled nature and retained much of its original environment. At the same time its a perfect spot for late evenings sunset-pictures as its waterfront opens up towards west.

Have a nic day!
)

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!
Old May 16, 2009, 5:25 PM   #5

Just some landscapes with slight HDR-rendering.

Unfortunately there was a (very) low-tide and the water does not look very appetising. I would have preferred high-tide, with all those mud-banks covered and a neater picture. But then, you cannot order nature...

Same place - different angle.

Best regards,
Walter_S

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!
Old May 17, 2009, 11:50 PM   #6

Walter,

I always love looking at images from Norway. The small seaside villages have such a peaceful look to them that I find in no other images.
Old May 18, 2009, 12:29 PM   #7

Walter, I like your pictures, particularly from a composition standpoint. However, I find them a little over processed (too much sharpening and a bit too much color saturation). But, it could very well be that my monitor is playing tricks on me.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2009, 2:00 PM   #8

No, its not your monitor, Tullio - it's me!

I repeatedly fall back into my "old sins" of overdoing things. I try to contain myself but slip easily back into bad habits. The reason is that I personally like things a bit "over the edge", a bit tweaking here and there, but I realise that its not everyon's "cup of tea".

I shall be more stern to myself and try to contain myself in the future.

By the way - the last two pictures have no sharpening whatsoever applied to them. They are simply HDR-rendered in Photomatix only and that software does sometimes strange things with colours in particular. I have even de-saturated them a bit, after they came out of Photomatix, but apparently not enough.

Thanks for your comments!

Old May 19, 2009, 4:18 PM   #9

I think the most important thing is to please yourself. No matter what you do, there will be people saying "this looks awesome" while others will dislike it. However, as long as you are happy with the results, that's what matters. After all, you are the one looking at your pictures more than anyone else. The concept of good or bad in terms of photography is very subjective. Just keep posting!

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2009, 2:22 PM   #10

Another "Norwegian Coast" theme:
I dont know why, but I just love seaside-scenery so much, I never get tired of picturing landscapes like this.

Have a nice Panasonic-day, everyone!!