Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 31, 2003, 7:08 PM   #1

Default why does///

1st of all thanks to all who reponded to my earlier questions, of course this leads to more questions (maybe a "never ending story")
I notice on the fz1 nite shots, ie those taken on night scene mode the lens aperature appears to go to 6.5 automatically. wouldn't it make more sense to go to 2.8 to let in more light thanks
john daley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2003, 7:17 AM   #2

RIGHT! Final straw for me time! Just spent over an hour writing a reply (OK so I'm a snail) and lost the lot when presumably got timed out here. Any future detailed replies will go to this temp FAQ site :
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/norm.jackson/fz1.htm
or hopefully to the site PrmseKpr is working on.

I'll try to get out a response John at end of today to above if no one else has.
normjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2003, 8:16 AM   #3

Hey Norm - if I need some time to respond to a question, I'll copy the question...log off...paste the question in a word (I'm a Mac person) program....and then answer the question in this program...trash the original question...copy my answer (after a good spell check)...log back on and paste the answer. Wa-La!

Anything much longer than this - I need to think about it.

Cheers.

Jim
Wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2003, 4:52 PM   #4

Thanks Jim but No, No, No! (three wise monkeys mode). Hope your message can help others but my mind is made up.
Things were a bit chaotic here this morning which may have caused me to deviate from my own normal practice. This is to type my response into MS Windows Notepad, post my response beautifully embellished with typos and spelling mistakes and then find that someone has already posted a much better response. Wah, wah, wah! (Snails have feelings too you know).
normjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2003, 8:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by normjackson
Any future detailed replies will go to this temp FAQ site :
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/norm.jackson/fz1.htm
or hopefully to the site PrmseKpr is working on.
Yep, still workin' on it (whenever I get a spare moment, which is few and far between).
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote