Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 13, 2009, 7:59 PM   #1

Default Leica D-Lux 4 fans?

Just got one of these today with the optional grip. Loving it so far. Anyone else using one? Anything I should know?
jsrockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2009, 11:03 AM   #2

You might want to try asking this in the Panasonic digicam section. You've posted this in the DSLR forum.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2009, 11:14 AM   #3
Administrator

I moved it.

Finding the right place to ask about this camera is probably a bit confusing, since we don't have Leica mentioned anywhere in the forum names except for the Panasonic/Leica dSLR forum.

Of course, it's going to get more confusing with the trend towards "EVIL" (Electronic Viewfinder, Interchangeable Lens) camera types hitting the market. So, we'll need to figure out a better way to handle forum naming and layout.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2009, 11:23 AM   #4
Administrator

jsrockit

We don't have a lot of Leica users here, so I had not noticed that the name wasn't mentioned in our Panasonic Forum for non-dSLR models.

Although there are some minor differences, for most practical purposes, the Leica D-Lux 4 is the same camera as the Panasonic Lumix LX-3. So, you may get some responses from Panasonic owners, now that I've moved this thread to the correct Panasonic forum for non-dSLR cameras.
Old May 14, 2009, 12:15 PM   #5

Ok, fair enough.
jsrockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2009, 12:47 PM   #6
Administrator

I've changed the layout so that this forum name is now Panasonic / Leica. That way, it mirrors the name of the forum we have setup in the Digital SLR camera section.

Hopefully, that will make it easier for other Leica camera owners to figure out where they're supposed to post. Thanks to the similarities between Leica and Panasonic models, that should allow more sharing of information in common with these two brands in one place here.

Of course, the differences between what's considered to be a dSLR and what's not are starting to become blurred with some newer camera entries. So, we'll need to figure out a better way to handle forums naming and layout going forward. I've already started putting some ideas on paper for that part.

My apologies for any confusion.

BTW, congrats on the new D-Lux 4! It sounds like you really like it so far.
Old May 18, 2009, 12:09 AM   #7

Is this the first Leica you have owned? The reason I ask is that I decided on the older Leica V-LUX 1 (FZ50) and I really like it. Not having a FZ50 I can't say if there is a difference but I do know I have a lot of comments about my Leica. That's kind of fun but not really worth anything in the sceam of things.

Everybody I've had contact with that has the D-LUX 4 loves it though.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 10:12 AM   #8

Default D Lux 4

I live mine. You may want to visit the Leica forum here:
http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-...digital-forum/
Caryl
carylwithay is offline   Reply With Quote