Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 15, 2009, 2:36 PM   #1

Default 'Strong'ning!

There was a sudden summer thunder shower today and I was able to catch two bolts of lightning - one strong and the other, light. First, the strong one.
Attached Images

Last edited by Raghu; May 15, 2009 at 11:29 PM.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 15, 2009, 2:39 PM   #2

Default Lightning

This was the second shot, a more pleasant one to the eye. While these are no match to what Tan (tchuanye) had captured from his Singapore highrise flat (and posted years back), these at least give me the satisfaction of having captured a lightning stroke and sharing with you all.
Attached Images

Old May 15, 2009, 3:39 PM   #3
conor

The second does very little for me (though I appreciate the difficulty of the shot)...

That being said, in my opinion, the first is outstanding. I love the lightened sky with the strong silhouette of the trees in the foreground.

My only suggestion is to clone out the tiny bit of lightning in the upper right (it looks like a hair on the lens and I find it distracting) and the spot that looks like a water drop about 1/4 the way down and 1/3 from the left.
Old May 15, 2009, 11:14 PM   #4

Thanks for pointing out those small blemishes, which I had not noted at the time of posting. I have since corrected the image.
Old May 16, 2009, 1:27 AM   #5
conor

did you re-attach the images? on this monitor, they seem to be gone...
Old May 16, 2009, 2:21 AM   #6

Yes, I did and the image shows on my screen!
Old May 16, 2009, 2:27 AM   #7
conor

i meant, the blemishes didnt show on my screen - i didnt realize you re-attached the images! i thought the different monitor (home versus work) made enough difference to hide it! scared me for a minute because this CRT has much better color than the cheap LCD i have at work!
Old May 16, 2009, 3:33 PM   #8

Some nice lightening shots Raghu. I especially like #1. Are you sure you didn't get burned taking that one, looks close.

It's also good to see you are still posting. I think you had the FZ1 the last time I saw your post. How are you liking the FZ28.
Old May 16, 2009, 8:01 PM   #9

Hi Don,

Nice to hear from you after a long time. Yes, I continue here; but a lot of old friends are missing; some occasionally turn up (like you now); many new friends have joined; but the 'chatting' has gone. The forum has become more business-like now.

Earlier I had FZ3; Though it is an excellent camera, I found 3MP very limiting, particularly when cropping. On getting FZ28, I gave it to my friend, but I do miss it. I like FZ28 and its 10 MP, but for a simple user like me, I think the kind of options on the dial are just too much.

Raghu
Old May 19, 2009, 12:57 AM   #10

Wow...awesome captures! What mode did you have your camera set to? There is not a whole lot of time to mess around with camera settings in situations such as this. Well done!

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote