Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 20, 2009, 1:51 PM   #1

Default FZ28 MOV files - does not play in TViX M-5100

I thought that my mediaplayer TViX M-5100 could play almost any media format. Until now it has played almost everything. It failed to play the Mov-files from my FZ28...
I have played MOV-files with the Tvix before, so I guess it's got to be a codec issue...

Does anyone here got a solution on this?
Is there any (free software) that can convert /edit this file without degrading video quality?

/Peter
peswe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 20, 2009, 6:05 PM   #2

I play .mov videos in VLC Player which is open source software. I didn't need to cnvert it. I have a TZ7.
LizG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2009, 8:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by peswe View Post
I thought that my mediaplayer TViX M-5100 could play almost any media format. Until now it has played almost everything. It failed to play the Mov-files from my FZ28...
I have played MOV-files with the Tvix before, so I guess it's got to be a codec issue...

Does anyone here got a solution on this?
Is there any (free software) that can convert /edit this file without degrading video quality?

/Peter

Only had my FZ28 for a couple of days and hadn't tried the movies on my HD media streamers. So after reading this I did and they dont play on either my Western Digital HD player or iStar HD player. Like you I will have to try and find a program to convert the files.

"LizG" the TViX M-5100 is seperate device which couples to a hard disk or connects to a pc through a network cable for playing movies, music and showing pictures on your tv without the need for a PC. I agree about VLC it a great program and seems to player absolutly anything you through at it.

John
Pixmate700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2009, 6:36 AM   #4

Following on from previous message I have just downloaded a free program SUPER v2009 build 36 by eRightSoft to convert the mov file produced with the FZ28. I have tried a couple conversions to .MKV and they seem quite good. Tested the converted files and they play on both my WDTV and iStar.

Make sure you set the video scale, aspect ratio frame rate and bitrate to appropriate amout (check with a program like MediaInfo).

John
Pixmate700 is offline   Reply With Quote