Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:33 PM   #1

Default Where can I buy a Panasonic ZS3 ?

For the last two months, I have been trying to purchase a Panasonic ZS3. For awhile, the online vendors have been saying they would be available by June 8. The ZS3 was introduced in January. Well it is June 8 and still none are available. Panasonic seems to be putting off getting the next batch out the door. One online vendor is now saying they will be available in July. What is going on with Panasonic ? I thought they were in the business of building and selling great cameras. If anyone knows of a camera store that has the ZS3 please let me have the contact information and I will give that a try.
Bluerapids is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 9, 2009, 4:12 AM   #2

Here.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-...4535064&sr=8-2
skyoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2009, 9:07 PM   #3

Be aware no one of them (silver, black and blue) is from Amazon itself.
The only J&R I'm ready to have deal with.
FZKAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2009, 11:14 PM   #4

I am waiting until the supply increases and the prices settle down before I buy. I do not want a Panasonic ZS3 that needs a software update and has a loose mode dial like the early releases. Panasonic must be dealing with those problems before large shipments to vendors are made. When folks are paying about $350 or more they tend to want a product that is stable. I read Steve's review of the ZS3 and the loose mode dial or the software problems were not mentioned. They probably got to evaluate one that had been fixed. We are well into the Travel Season and the ZS3 is supposed to be the top of the line "Travel Camera."
Bluerapids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2009, 8:04 AM   #5

I picked up a ZS-1 a couple of weeks ago at Costco to replace my TZ-50. I was having little luck finding the ZS-3's, as well. The dial is fine on the ZS-1, BTW.
TTT103 is offline   Reply With Quote