Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 12, 2009, 4:04 PM   #1

Default ZS1 on sale at Costco

Starting on 6/15, Costco has a $50 off coupon for the ZS1. That may be a great deal depending on the actual price of the camera and no one can beat Costco's return policy!

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2009, 4:21 PM   #2

I was there today and the ZS1 was on display and the price was 279 so the coupon you said starting the 15th will be 50 off of that. Unfortunately the display model was not working so I could not play with it.
janfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2009, 4:39 PM   #3

My suggestion to those interested in buying the ZS1 is to get it now and then use the coupon on the 15th to get a price adjustment. Otherwise, you might be out of luck if you wait.

Tullio
Old Jun 12, 2009, 7:07 PM   #4

Another good thing about costco is they let you return for a full refund within 90 days for their cameras if not happy.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 10:52 PM   #5

I went to a local Costco today and saw hundreds of ZS1. They were not on the camera display section. They come in one of those plastic packages (original box included). So you can put one right in your shopping basket and pay at the register. I more interested in the ZS3 for its better LCD and video capabilities.

Tullio
Old Jun 12, 2009, 11:48 PM   #6

I am also interested to see the zs3. I bought the tz5 from there but was not too happy with it as compared to quality of my fuji f20 and I returned it after a month. I did buy the FZ28 from Costco and love the zoom ability but it is big and I am need of a smaller camera with zoom ability.

Last edited by janfill; Jun 12, 2009 at 11:51 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 11:06 AM   #7

I am going to get one today. I have the TZ3 which I love. Panasonic has a quality control problem. I had to return my TZ3 three times before i got one that worked right BUT it was worth the trouble. If you get one and do not love it, exchange it. The problem might just be quality control.
Caryl
carylwithay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2009, 12:38 PM   #8

I'm tempted to get one myself. Although I like the upgrades incorporated on the ZS3, I find the $150+ price difference unjustifiable.

Tullio
Old Jun 15, 2009, 6:25 PM   #9

I just got tje ZS1 and I LOVE it. What beautiful clear and crisp images right out of the camera.
The XS3 is really for those who do video which I do not. This is exactly what i wanted and getting it with a discount and costco's backup policy makes it an amazing deal. They had a big stack of them at our local costco here in California. The sale is on for three weeks.
Caryl
carylwithay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2009, 6:35 PM   #10

Congrats on the new toy, Caryl (BTW, where in CA are you from? I'm from the SF Bay Area).

The two things I like about the ZS3 vs. the ZS1 is the dedicated video button, which makes it much easier to shoot videos on the fly since you don't have to change the dial, and the resolution of the LCD. Since there is no EVF, having a high resolution LCD really helps when shooting in bright daylight. But, as I mentioned before, $150 is too much of a difference.

Tullio