Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 6, 2003, 1:11 PM   #1

Default Bob I just have to ask!

Have the FZ10's shipped to the reviewers and are we any closer to a release date in the USA.? :roll:
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 8, 2003, 1:50 AM   #2

BOB - WAKE UP!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2003, 8:25 AM   #3

Klaus and all:
I really wish you would read the previous posts I made. On several occasions I've explained that I personally have NOTHING to do with providing the units sent out for evaluations.

My lack of participation is often due to a lack of time. As I have also explained, several times, trying to assist people here is NOT part of my normal work day.

I appreciate your understanding.
Panasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 12:35 AM   #4

Bob, I am sure most people here (including myself) are thankful for your help and participation. But you really shouldn't get so angry when someone asks "when", or wants to know something you are not in a position to answer. You know everyone is anxious to get the camera. Also, those of us in the US have been frustrated by Panasonic's deliberate holding back of the FZ2 to this market. You have come on these forums as a representative of Panasonic, and that's great, but in doing so I think you should expect that some readers will assume you "know" a lot more than you do about dates of release, reviewers, etc. We're trying to be patient, and understand Panasonic's weird marketing schemes. Please try to have some patience with all of our questions, too. K.
koo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 8:55 AM   #5

I agree with koo, Bob. Everyone here is VERY interested in the FZ10. One would think you would be elated over that. It is probably THE digital camera of the moment. Ride the wave of interest and enjoy. Dont get swamped by our enthusiasm and questions.
You stated in an earlier post (Oct 30):
"I'm happy to say that we are in the process of sending out evaluation samples. Hopefully they will be shipped this week, but please don't hold me responsible if it drags till Monday or Tuesday! The PR people are doing their best."
A simple restatement of that would have sufficed here.
The confusion over the fz1>fz2 upgrade is another case in point. We are not holding you responsible for the confusion, we're just hoping you might have some clarification. Just tell us you'll look into it and get back to us. Dont get all defensive. Most of us are very much on your side.
We appreciate your understanding.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 10:58 AM   #6

Yes Bob, don't get rid of us
Don't leave this forum anyway :?

Being here and answering to our questions certainly makes you the best Panasonic salesman around the world.

Keep going on Bob

May the force be with you
Limerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 12:40 PM   #7

Default Sorry - but a downer about Panasonic (the company not Bob)

Unfortunately, Bob, a lot of the impatience and negative thoughts about the FZ1, FZ2, and FZ10, has been caused by Panasonic itself.

Since the FZ1 appeared on the horizon, Panasonic has been not just disinterested in the US market but positively hostile to it. It is hard to believe, but maybe there is a political or even social element here.

It is difficult for a lot of us to understand why, when a Japanese company like Canon regards the USA as a primary market, Panasonic goes out of its way to disrespect us.

I am following the FZ10 because I would like to buy one - just as I wanted to buy an FZ1 and an FZ2. Since the FZ1 first appeared internationally I have spent roughly $5000 on Canon cameras and lenses. Canon seems glad to have me for a customer, and has cheerfully and respectfully answered a few direct questiions regarding this gear.

During the time I gave Canon this $5000 Panasonic would first give NO information regarding the FZ1 in the US. Then they refuse to sell the FZ2 in the US. Then they are going thru the same performance with the FZ10. Do you begin to see a pattern here?

The thing I can't figure out is why they try to sell in the US market at all, if they don't really WANT us for customers.

I do appreciate your efforts, Bob, and I am NOT asking you a question or asking for anything at all. I think Panasonic has actually answered all our questions - and pretty much left you "holding the bag". I am still hoping - but not much any more.
Humble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 12:47 PM   #8

[quote="koo22"]Bob, I am sure most people here (including myself) are thankful for your help and participation. But you really shouldn't get so angry when someone asks "when", or wants to know something you are not in a position to answer.

<Response>
Here again, in previous posts I've made it very clear that while I am able to respond to technical issues pertaining to the operation of our products, I'm not directly associated with the marketing aspects of getting the FZ10 to market. Our company has publically announced that it will ship in November - and I'm very confident it will.

You know everyone is anxious to get the camera. Also, those of us in the US have been frustrated by Panasonic's deliberate holding back of the FZ2 to this market.

<RESPONSE> Marketing decisions are based on many factors that to some, might not seem logical. I accept things for what they are and the fact that no level of eagerness will hasten the process.

You have come on these forums as a representative of Panasonic, and that's great, but in doing so I think you should expect that some readers will assume you "know" a lot more than you do about dates of release, reviewers, etc.

<RESPONSE>
If you review my first post you'll see I addressed these issues very clearly. My participation is aimed t supporting existing products and those that have been formerly announced. In the later case, I'm limited to using the information that is on our web site or that has been released to the public. That policy exists due to the possibility that last minute changes can occur. Any previous statements could than be inaccurate.
Panasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 2:14 PM   #9

"Wake F'ing Up?!" What kind of rude bastards have we become? We want everything on OUR schedule - made to OUR personal spec... "Because we're F'ing INTERESTED?!" ...what a pantload some of you are. "....oh MY! There's too much noise!" Bunch of fruits...

Candidy, if I were Bob - I get called away from this product line and assign myself another task. I've been manufacturing, and selling to, the public for 25yrs. and can spot a whiner a mile away - and guess what?!: I refuse their order based on their initial attitude. I'd rather one of my competitor's have their money - and the BS that comes with it.

IT IS: WHAT IT WILL BE. Not a day sooner. Not with an ounce of your personal input. And without your endorsement. Get F'ing used to it.

Jim
Wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 3:18 PM   #10

Wetstuff, in defense of Bob, though he will say it's not necessary, I sortof agree with your reply. I have been working in large corporate environments all my life so have an understanding of their standard policies, procedures, and the barriers and often lack of communication that exist between the different departments. That has been and always will be part of the corporate structure.

I have felt for a while now that Bob has probably regreted more than once, about getting openly involved in these forums. I'm pretty confident that his involvement never was even suggested by management. The corporate structure doesn't like to loose the slightest control, as they may have perceived, as has happened in this forum once or twice. That's why we don't see any other camera manufacturers involved in these forums with any visible representation.

Bob probably likes his type of work and likes photography and generally enjoys sharing his knowledge with others of the same interest. I have hoped that some of the requests he has received from us in the past, have not put him on a tightrope.

I would suspect that I have as many questions as anyone here, because I am totally new to digital photography and the FZ10 will essentially be my first digital camera. And My pre-order has been in for a month now. So to me, my anxiousness is no less than anyones here. But any pestering of mine would not speed the FZ10 to my grip. Just MHO
m.achure is offline   Reply With Quote