Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:29 AM   #1

Default Lilies

Took some shots in my back yard last evening with my FZ28. It was still pretty light out, but the flash shots came out best - lilies and daylilies (I think). Both shots taken hand-held with the same settings: flash, manual mode, f2.8, ISO 100, 1/25s. No post-processing except shrinking them for this post and slightly lowering jpeg quality.

Mike
Attached Images

mike_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 10, 2009, 12:29 PM   #2

Nice shots of the lilies. They have always been one of my favorite flowers.
Attached a couple of mine I recently took with my new FZ28.
John

Attached Images

Pixmate700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2009, 2:42 PM   #3

All very nice shots. How do you guys have the NR and sharpness set you your FZ28?

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2009, 3:53 PM   #4

Thanks, John! It's obviously "lily time." I like the pale yellow-green color in your second shot.

Thanks also, Tullio. I've never really messed with any of the "picture adjustment" settings; I keep all of them at their defaults of "+/- 0."

Mike
mike_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2009, 5:38 PM   #5

The top picture is where you could have maybe tweaked a setting. All the pictures are beautifully exposed, except the top petal of the top picture has the highlights burned out a little. That picture might have been a good place for a -1/3 EV adjustment or so. Or just "expose for the right side of the histogram" by spot metering on that part. With many digital cams, it's very hard to get detail in the brightest highlight areas. My FZ28 tends to burn out highlights a little, so I have to watch what I meter.

Great shots, though, I'm just giving a tip on when EV adjustment might be appropriate.
rfdandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2009, 3:05 AM   #6

I have only had the camera a couple weeks and tend to keep most of my settings on default other than EV adjustment which is set at -1/3. This I do with all my digital cameras ather than the Canon 400D which has a tendancy to under expose by that amount. Any other alterations if needed are done in the graphic package I use.
Pixmate700 is offline   Reply With Quote