Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 11, 2009, 3:32 PM   #1

Default Panasonic GH1 , any good ?

I was thinking of buying a camcorder but know that i see the reviews on the GH1 i might change my mind, i've got a few questions , hope some of you can help me here ?

US version does record till the memory card is full , not like the european one ?

How good will the video perform in low light situation ? i see camcorders like the Canon Legria HF-S100 which have a sensitivity of 1.5 lux ?
Filming performance will probably be better on the GH 1 considering it has a bigger sensor?

Which kind of adaptor to find other makes of lenses ? i suppose there is one different adaptor for each make ? how much does it cost ?

Could i film in B&W or sepia ?

Hope to have some help here , a GH1 or a Canon Legria HF-S100 + Canon 450d ?
guillermovilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 11, 2009, 7:24 PM   #2

Try posting in the DSLR forum where the G1/GH1 are discussed...this forum is dedicated to compacts.
ipaqowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2009, 9:55 AM   #3

Even though your question might be posted to the wrong forum, no sense making you hunt around for the answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillermovilas View Post
US version does record till the memory card is full , not like the european one ?

How good will the video perform in low light situation ? i see camcorders like the Canon Legria HF-S100 which have a sensitivity of 1.5 lux ?
Filming performance will probably be better on the GH 1 considering it has a bigger sensor?

Which kind of adaptor to find other makes of lenses ? i suppose there is one different adaptor for each make ? how much does it cost ?

Could i film in B&W or sepia ?
1. Yes
2. Very well. There is a very active GH1 section on dvxuser.com. Go to
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/forumdisplay.php?f=177
3. There is a lens/adapter list for the G1/GH1 here:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dx428wg_10fdvsmtd7
4. Yes
rfdandrea is offline   Reply With Quote