Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 2, 2009, 6:10 PM   #1

Default Panasonic DMC FZ 28, Help please

Need help please, I have a panasonic lumix DMC FZ28 and would like to get it back to factory settings if there is some kind of reset for this. Something go pushed or??? I no longer get the green in focus lignt when pushing the shutter half way donwn and my veiw screen is different then what is was. Don't know much without point and shoot mode.

View screen shows A then the flash icon a circle with spokes? 10m
Bottom of the screen has a square, half black, half white with a + - in it,

F4.5 then a kind of circle with an arrow pointing up,to the left and down then next MF.

I sure would like to have it like new again.

Thanks for any help,
Bordello

Last edited by Bordello; Aug 2, 2009 at 6:13 PM.
Bordello is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 2, 2009, 7:10 PM   #2

If your viewscreen show's A in a big red box, you're in Aperture Priority mode, as selected on the control dial on top. If you put it to any other mode, does your green focus light return? In A mode (also P, S, M), if you go into the menu, you can reset to default settings. Push Menu, then left on the 4-way keypad (timer button), then push down (Fn button), then right (flash button). Now push down until you get to Reset, then push right, and it will ask if you want to reset record settings.

That should take care of it. I've only had my FZ28 for six days though, so I'm no expert.
aaroncgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2009, 7:21 PM   #3

I just went thru this and if you go into the menu and scroll thru there a factory setting and just pick that one
KayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2009, 7:26 PM   #4

Default Thanks/ trying

Thanks for the help, I don't have a clue to this stuff yet. LOL Wouldn't you know my Bat. went dead while trying to follow your instructions. I got into the menu a couple of times and could not find the Fn thing. Bat is charging and I will try again.

Thanks for the input,
Bordello
Old Aug 2, 2009, 7:28 PM   #5

Thanks,
I will keep looking but have been for most of the day. Bat. is charging. Bummer. LOL

Appreciate the input,
Bordello
Old Aug 2, 2009, 8:47 PM   #6

In C1 the green light works also iA, butt that's about it. I've tried the menu in take pict. mode and play back mode and still can't find default settings. Going to stop for a while as my blood pressure is going up. LOL

Thanks for trying to help,
Bordello
Old Aug 2, 2009, 10:15 PM   #7

Reset is found on screen 4 of the setup menu (the one with the wrench icon). See page 4 of Steve's FZ28 review for illustrations:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2008_..._fz28_pg4.html
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2009, 10:52 PM   #8

It should only take 90 minutes for the battery to charge.
Hit the middle button (set) and with the bottom button(Fn) scroll down to the wrench then with the right side button (flash) scroll over th the right to get in to the settings then use the bottom button (Fn) again to scroll thru them until you come to reset (the 16th item) then use the right (flash) button again to get into it to change and select yes and then hit the middle (set) button again. I hope this helps. I am new with my camera but I called panasonic and was on hold for 45 minutes to try to figure out how to do it. Good Luck
KayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2009, 11:03 PM   #9

Default Thanks, finally got it

Thanks so much, I finally got it. Sorry for being so stupid at this but it's a long learning curve for me. LOL

My thanks to you and all that were trying to help.

Regards,
Bordello