Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 3, 2009, 12:28 PM   #1

Default A few queries about ZS3/TZ7.. Owners HELP!

Hi there,

I am planning to buy the ZS3/TZ7 next week and I had a few queries if some of the owners please help me with.

1. I have read ZS3/TZ7 is pretty bad indoors at many sites. Is it really that bad? I plan to do quite a lot of indoor shots with our new baby on the way, so is that going to be a problem?

2. Does the ZS3/TZ7 have a dust problem? I have heard that dust gets into ZS3/TZ7 lens? Is it really so? I really don't want to spend a whole lot of cash and then get dust in the lens. Does the warranty cover such problems?

3. Does the ZS3/TZ7 automatically go into baby mode, if it's pointed towards the baby with face recognition enabled? Does the flash then work at lower intensity?

4. If you guys do recommend the Panasonic Cameras, which color should I take? Black , Silver? Does the black paint chip off or get worn out? Is silver any better?

Last not but the least, I am making the right choice?

Thanks,

Josh
dpxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2009, 4:57 PM   #2

I have the ZS3. They are not great at low light condition but they're absolutely not bad. Just try not to zoom too much when you're taking indoor photos. Do you know? The ZS3 actually got a underwater housing available. I'm surprised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpxcam View Post
Hi there,

I am planning to buy the ZS3/TZ7 next week and I had a few queries if some of the owners please help me with.

1. I have read ZS3/TZ7 is pretty bad indoors at many sites. Is it really that bad? I plan to do quite a lot of indoor shots with our new baby on the way, so is that going to be a problem?

2. Does the ZS3/TZ7 have a dust problem? I have heard that dust gets into ZS3/TZ7 lens? Is it really so? I really don't want to spend a whole lot of cash and then get dust in the lens. Does the warranty cover such problems?

3. Does the ZS3/TZ7 automatically go into baby mode, if it's pointed towards the baby with face recognition enabled? Does the flash then work at lower intensity?

4. If you guys do recommend the Panasonic Cameras, which color should I take? Black , Silver? Does the black paint chip off or get worn out? Is silver any better?

Last not but the least, I am making the right choice?

Thanks,

Josh
olivia_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2009, 3:55 PM   #3

I love the TZ7 - take great shots outdoors and although not so good indoors have taken many lovely shots of my new granddaughter indoors.

I have a black version and no paint chipped off.

No dust problem.

I use baby mode but keep forgetting to turn the face recognition on!!!!!

Zoom is awesome; macro so much better than my old Canon and pciture quality so much better than my old Canon too.
LizG is offline   Reply With Quote