Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 31, 2009, 9:43 PM   #1

Default FZ28 dust on sensor/internal lens?

I just went to use my FZ28 and all the photos have a spot just below center, slightly out of focus. I looked back at recent photos and it wasn't there. The camera has been in a case since I used it last, about two weeks ago.

Is there a way for me to dislodge this (probably not)? I purchased this last November (Black Friday) from Adorama. Where would I go to have this cleaned? How did this spot get there?

Thanks!

--Elliot
elliotm00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 31, 2009, 9:53 PM   #2

Have you contacted Adorama yet to see what they say? Additionally, you may try something that has worked for at least one other person I know of. Try holdong the camera lens in front of a vacuum cleaner. Can't hurt. In any case, good luck...Robert
Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 10:18 PM   #3

Yes, it really does work, under the proper conditions. What have you to loose.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2009, 11:05 AM   #4

Thanks for the advice about the vacuum. Sadly, it didn't work. I'll contact Adorama.

--Elliot
Old Oct 7, 2009, 4:44 PM   #5

Followup: I emailed Panasonic support, and they gave me an address to ship that camera to. I did, and in one week, they shipped me back a factory-refurbished replacement. I don't know if there is any difference between them opening up my camera, cleaning it, and sending it back; or sending me back a different camera that they opened up, but it looks and feels like new. They gave me a 90-day warranty, which since my original warranty is almost expires, actually extends it a little.

They did not ship it back in the original box. They camera was wrapped in a plastic bag and all the accessories were in a different bag, and everything was placed in the shipping box. It looks like they sent me back all my original accessories that they had asked me to send, but with a new strap. I couldn't find the battery changer when I had shipped it, and they did not send a replacement (I use the one from my FZ20).

There was a bonus: they threw in a decent genuine Panasonic camera bag.

I only paid one-way shipping/insurance. So I consider it a success. Of course I couldn't help hope that they didn't have any FX28s left and would have to ship an FZ38, but, well, you know.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

--Elliot