Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 4, 2009, 4:46 AM   #1

Default Panasonic TZ7 HD video upload

I have a panasonic TZ7 compact 25 mm digi camera that records in HD. I recorded something with it and tried to upload the video to youtube but it won't work. Also when i try and copy the video to another location in my documents it appears as 4 separate blank pages. The software i use to upload pictures and videos is the panasonic photofun studio which came with the camera. Can anyone tell what i need to do with the AVCHD lite file to enable the upload?
englishempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 4, 2009, 10:49 AM   #2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ5vbX9TJRo

Same camera, same software. Uploading worked fine but with a terrible loss in video quality.
What software are you using to copy the video?
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2009, 10:59 AM   #3

Wow, great place. The recording was uploaded to my pc with the photofun studio software that came with the camera. It has a youtube link on the sidebar but when i drag and drop the video file, it won't work. If i try and copy the video file to another area it won't work either. By uploading through youtube and choosing the file from my pc it doesn't work. The camera is new so that's not it.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 3:36 PM   #4

You don't drag and drop. You have to mark the video (first unselect all images and videos) and then you click on the Youtube icon. A window opens with your youtube user name and password and some other data. Uploading is fast.

Last edited by Ordo; Sep 4, 2009 at 3:38 PM.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2009, 6:16 PM   #5

I've just done it but i had to partially delete some of the recording, it's not easy at first.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 4:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishempire View Post
I have a panasonic TZ7 compact 25 mm digi camera that records in HD. I recorded something with it and tried to upload the video to youtube but it won't work. Also when i try and copy the video to another location in my documents it appears as 4 separate blank pages. The software i use to upload pictures and videos is the panasonic photofun studio which came with the camera. Can anyone tell what i need to do with the AVCHD lite file to enable the upload?
What you need to do is just download and install ******* Video Converter , and then run it. Afterwards you can add your recorded TOD, MOD, M2TS files to it, and choose convert them to whatever format you like respectively, such as AVI, MP4, FLV, etc. The power of decision is on your hands.

After the conversion is done, you can playback the AVI files on your computer, or watch the MP4 files on your iPod or iPhone, also you can upload the resulted FLV to some video website to share with everyone else.
Topkingtips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2009, 12:19 PM   #7

Can you upload the RAW HD Footage? Or, do you have one shot in 60fps Mode?
AkumaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2009, 7:29 PM   #8

I can provide a raw file from a TZ7/ZS3 Panasonic camera that was provided to me by another forum member. I encapsulated the MTS file in a zip with no compression for better handling.

About 39 megabytes. 1280x720 resolution. http://www.mediafire.com/file/kdmg3n...z7-zs3_raw.zip
subc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2009, 2:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by subc View Post
I can provide a raw file from a TZ7/ZS3 Panasonic camera that was provided to me by another forum member. I encapsulated the MTS file in a zip with no compression for better handling.

About 39 megabytes. 1280x720 resolution. http://www.mediafire.com/file/kdmg3n...z7-zs3_raw.zip
WOW thank you very much! I've been asking for RAW footage all over, and people just redirect me to youtube videos -_-

This was shot in 50fps, but understandable since it was probably from Europe. I was really expecting it to play back super smooth, like true 50fps/60fps recordings from say, the Aiptek Action HD+/GVS, but I think the 50fps/60fps shooting mode on the ZS3/TZ7 is just doubling the frames, instead of really capturing 50fps/60fps.

15mb/s h.264 High Profile @ L4.0, ac3 audio @ 192kbps recording, for anyone wondering. Thanks again!
AkumaX is offline   Reply With Quote