Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 9, 2009, 9:33 PM   #1

Default FZ-28 in Sweden! Rookie photographer.

Hello!
I am rookie photographer from Sweden. I thought I would share some of my photos with you. Iīm a rookie and just recently got my FZ-28. I really love the FZ-28 but I havenīt learnt it so god yet. You are more than welcome to give constructive criticism since I want to learn more about photographing. I also borrow my wifes Canon EOS 450D sometimes, but all the photos in this thread is taken with the FZ-28.
Best regards/Daniel

DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 9, 2009, 9:35 PM   #2

One more picture. My first photo taken at night with the FZ-28. To much noice I think.

Old Sep 9, 2009, 9:43 PM   #3

They are nice photos...very nice I think.

The lines in the horse photo for those that dont know is the fence...
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2009, 9:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejohn View Post
They are nice photos...very nice I think.

The lines in the horse photo for those that dont know is the fence...
Thank you. Iīm glad to hear you liked them. Yeah, youīre right about the lines in the horse photo. Itīs an electric fence. I really didnīt have a thought about that when I took the photo. And I havenīt been thinking much about it until you wrote it
Do you think it destroys the photo?

Best regards/Daniel
Old Sep 9, 2009, 10:03 PM   #5

Very nice PIX.

Wish I could hand you an FZ35/38 and you try the same shots.
It may well be that the new FZ35/38 is at least as good as FZ28 technically, but maybe requires more skill (ie, need to use custom settings for best effect). Anyway, the jury is still out in this matter. It is understood that effectively FZ28 is no longer available.
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2009, 10:07 PM   #6

If they were MY horses....no LOL.

But from a photo perspective, they distract. And they are out of focus. If the fence was the feature and in focus, that would change things a lot. BUT you would need to try and get (and the experts can help here) both the fence and horses in focus for a GREAT pic of fence and horse,

But hey...you're a beginner...like me...and every great photographer started right here!
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2009, 10:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdromel View Post
Very nice PIX.

Wish I could hand you an FZ35/38 and you try the same shots.
It may well be that the new FZ35/38 is at least as good as FZ28 technically, but maybe requires more skill (ie, need to use custom settings for best effect). Anyway, the jury is still out in this matter. It is understood that effectively FZ28 is no longer available.
Thank you

I havenīt tried the FZ35/38, but I would sure like to. I got hold of one of the last FZ28 available in Sweden so I was really lucky. I have mostly used the P-mode on the camera for these pics. I have set the maximum ISO to 800, but after these pics I lowered the max ISO to 400.

I think you will be able to take great shots with your camera to with some more training.

Best regards/Daniel
Old Sep 9, 2009, 10:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejohn View Post
If they were MY horses....no LOL.

But from a photo perspective, they distract. And they are out of focus. If the fence was the feature and in focus, that would change things a lot. BUT you would need to try and get (and the experts can help here) both the fence and horses in focus for a GREAT pic of fence and horse,

But hey...you're a beginner...like me...and every great photographer started right here!
Thanks for the tip. I will try to get both fence and horses in focus next time. Maybe I have to go for manual focus.

Best regards/Daniel
Old Sep 15, 2009, 11:42 AM   #9

That's one good looking German Shepherd! I had one a many years ago.

I like your images but they are a bit soft for my taste. I'd increase sharpness to +1 and NR to +1 as well to compensate for the extra noise. When shooting your dog, try to set the camera to sports mode (outdoor). It will choose faster shutter speeds, which will help reduce blurriness caused by the dog's motions.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2009, 4:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
That's one good looking German Shepherd! I had one a many years ago.

I like your images but they are a bit soft for my taste. I'd increase sharpness to +1 and NR to +1 as well to compensate for the extra noise. When shooting your dog, try to set the camera to sports mode (outdoor). It will choose faster shutter speeds, which will help reduce blurriness caused by the dog's motions.
Hello Tullio!
Thanks for the input. Yes he is a really good lokking dog.

Since Iīm new to this I am not really sure what NR is. Could you please explain that to me?

Best regards/Daniel