Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 9, 2009, 6:35 PM   #1

Default Video to email ?

Just got a Lumix Zs3, can anyone tell me the best way to transfer/attach the Video from my SD Card to a email?

Thanks,

Larry M
Larry M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:48 AM   #2

You can use PhotoFun included software. Select the video and click in the email tool on the right bar. Or you can go direct via USB to your computer, download to your hard disck and then attach the file. But i doubt you can send such heavy files (Usually 50MB to 150 MB or more) by email... unless you compress it.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2009, 9:58 AM   #3

Thanks Ordo, I've used the software to view the clip, I guess I was just thinking I could add a clip to a email, I've seen the clips on some of the forums and in email attachments and I guess their compressed, I'll have to figure out how to get them compressed!! I guess it's more just knowing how to do something!

Thanks again, Larry M
Old Nov 12, 2009, 3:32 PM   #4

A way to share videos is using youtube, which will severely degradate the quality, or one of those megauploads sites. It would be great if some moderator can teach us to compress video files so we can keep the high video quality of the ZS3, which is superb.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2009, 5:22 PM   #5

By-the-way, the older cameras (with selectable low frame rates) allow creating movie clips which are emailable. All this 30 fps min) HD capability generates large files (even 320 pixel at 30 fps [min allowed] is bad). Most of the time all that is needed is just a basic clip (of say a musician) to get the point across.
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2009, 12:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo View Post
A way to share videos is using youtube, which will severely degradate the quality, or one of those megauploads sites. It would be great if some moderator can teach us to compress video files so we can keep the high video quality of the ZS3, which is superb.

Yup, seems this site is pretty slow to respond to us amateurs! Guess I'll look for another site or just Cruz the sites and look for a easy way to do this, probably won't find anything???

Larry M