Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 2, 2009, 7:15 PM   #11

Nice shot...Unfortunately I can't compare H20 to FZ35 face to face sizewise, no local stores carry FZ...Would be great if you could elaborate on how bigger is Pan comparing to H20...Appreciate it
SteveMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2009, 7:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMI View Post
Nice shot...Unfortunately I can't compare H20 to FZ35 face to face sizewise, no local stores carry FZ...Would be great if you could elaborate on how bigger is Pan comparing to H20...Appreciate it
I bought the fz35 online from Amazon without ever seeing it in person. When I first played with the H20 I knew it was not going to fit in my pockets and that I would have to have a case for it to carry around anyways. The fz35 would fit in a small case, but if you want to carry around the accesseries then it's a different story...the H20 is kind of flat and the fz35 looks and feels like a mini-slr.
anthony_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2009, 10:54 PM   #13

Hi there, Steve-

We are always happy to honor requests. Here is a side by side photo of a FZ-35 and and H-20.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2009, 10:56 PM   #14

Well, anthony_b-

Yesterday you got a sunset, so today it is a foggy sunrise.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Dec 3, 2009, 12:06 AM   #15

Default FZ35 Burst mode examples

This was my first experiment with the FZ35's burst mode. It seems to work well, but you only get three shots.

These were at maximum zoom, sport mode - outdoor.

(I hope this post comes out OK, its my first and the attachments had to be reduced...)

Brian
Attached Images

bbitner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2009, 1:42 AM   #16

Default New Panasonic FZ35 Owner

Sarah,... I'm very confused,.. on some other forum thread you had indicated that you had given up on the FZ35 and was going after the G1. Tonight I see your post from yesterday saying you got your new FZ35. Did I miss something, or was there another last minute change of mind.

By the way I really love both of your pictures, especially the morning fog shot. It must be great to live in an area where you can step out your door and shoot great pictures like that one. I live on a Golf course and we have a little Pond out the rear of our house but it is not that picturesque.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2009, 9:11 AM   #17

Thank you Sarah and anthony_b, for your valuable input. It helped a lot and I think I got the idea.
Sarah, I am looking forward to hear about your experience with FZ35.
Thanks again
SteveMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2009, 9:19 AM   #18

Bbitner -thanks for the burst shots, would love to see others.
Most of the review examples I have found always neglect the quick shots in favor of how great the video and stills are.
Joe Sellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:25 AM   #19

Note to bbitner:

Your photo posted perfectly. The photos look very good. You could have used a bit of Exposure Compensation to cut back the small over exposure, or handled that issue with some post processing. Beach light is always quite bright, so whenever you are at the beach shooting, be looking for over exposed images. Another, way to deal with the extra light that I often use, is to employ Bracketing. One shot will be at the measured exposure, one shot slightly over and one shot slightly under that computed exposure. It works well, and among the three shots you will find one with the exposure right on the money. Of course, you cannot do that when you are employing the Burst Mode.

Note to Trigger:

Well the FZ-35 was already enroute to me when I snapped up the Panasonic G-1 two lens kit. So, naturally I had to give it a try when it arrived. I like the Fz-35 a lot and the FZ-35 will most probably become housemates with the G-1 when it to arrives, and i continue to sell off/rotate cameras.

Note to Steve:

I am glad that the photo was an assist. There is a small but mesurable difference in size between the FZ-35 and the H-20, but the FZ-35 has so many more features including an excellent EVF, that even though I owned a H-20, I did not hesitate in ordering the FZ-35.

Have a great day, Everyone!

Sarah Joyce
Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:47 PM   #20

Hello Sarah Joyce,

Very nice pictures!

I'm trying to make a decision between the Nikon P90 and the FZ-35. I've seen your discussions on other forums regarding the P90. The reviews of the FZ-35 seem more favorable than the P90, especially regarding low light. Other than the obvious such as zoom level, video, etc., can you share your opinion on the FZ-35 vs. P90?

Thank You,

Erik
Navigera is offline   Reply With Quote