Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 3, 2009, 11:40 PM   #21

Erik-

Welcome to the Forum. We're glad you dropped by.

For me the key quality is in the numerically high ISO capability of the Panasonic FZ-35 which clearly exceeds the ISO capability of the Nikon P-90. The camera handling of the FZ-35 is better than the P90, as well. The Video is also better on the FZ-35 with stereo sound.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2009, 1:47 AM   #22

Sarah Joyce,

Thanks, I appreciate your comments. While the Nikon seems to be a good camera, the reviews of the Panasonic give it an edge with picture quality. Your thoughts are helpful. It looks like I will go with the FZ-35.

Erik
Navigera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2009, 9:31 AM   #23

My brother in law has the p90, I find it to be kind of bulky, we both were taking pictures during the past Thanksgiving dinner, indoors and low light......we later viewed them on my big screen, and there was a huge difference.....I also was able to get some real good HD video too !!!......not only is it stereo, but "Dolby Digital" 2.0, so if one day you wanted to record a music concert it would sound quite nice through your sound system.
anthony_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2009, 1:40 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_b View Post
The "intelligent" auto mode works quite well too.
The iA mode on my FZ18 is far more intelligent than I am! Never fail to get a decent pic.

It is a brilliant camera doing all I want and being so happy with it I have no urge to upgrade to the FZ38 as the FZ35 is called over here.

I'm sure all owners will enjoy these cameras.

Regards,

Almar.
Almar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2009, 2:39 PM   #25
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar View Post
The iA mode on my FZ18 is far more intelligent than I am! Never fail to get a decent pic.

It is a brilliant camera doing all I want and being so happy with it I have no urge to upgrade to the FZ38 as the FZ35 is called over here.

I'm sure all owners will enjoy these cameras.

Regards,

Almar.
The FZ-18 is a nice digicam. It is actually the model I suggested for my sister when she was looking for a new camera a couple of years ago. She has always been quite pleased with it, as have I the few times that I have used it. I can only imagine the newer FZ's are also wonderful. I am still quite pleased with my old Panny LX-1, shortcomings aside, though i would like to upgrade the lx3.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2009, 3:21 PM   #26

Here are a couple of photos from today (04Dec) with the FZ-35-

We had a "flood Tide," an iunusually high tide this morning, so I wanted to record it for future comparisons.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Last edited by mtclimber; Dec 4, 2009 at 3:25 PM.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 3:22 PM   #27

This photo is from a neighbor walk today (04Dec).

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Dec 4, 2009, 3:27 PM   #28

Dustin/Hards-

The Panasonic FZ-18 is a real bargain over at E-Bay right now. They are selling for around $(US)150.00 right now.

Sarah Joyce
Old Dec 5, 2009, 1:03 AM   #29

Default New Panasonic FZ35 Owner

Sarah,... I found one problem I'm not happy with on my FZ35. When you set the 2 second timer to "ON" it only works for one shot and then resets itself. All my Canon cameras stay in the 2 second mode until I clear it. This was a real shock to me when I set up my tripod and was shooting several shots. I had to run back into the house to convince myself that there was no other way to control the timer.

I also did a HD video recording of my wife's Women's Choirs at the Christmas Verterians luncheon. This was all done on a tripod, but I had a bad problem with the lighting. The image in the LCD was perfect but once I looked at the capture, it was all under exposed.... bad news. The Panasonic Video editing software "Sucks".

One other bad experience,... I ordered a 16GB SD and a 32GB. The 16GB would not work in any of my 4 Canon cameras nor the Z35, nor my PC card reader or our 2 laptops. The 32GB seems to work ok, but testing continues.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2009, 5:11 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Dustin/Hards-

The Panasonic FZ-18 is a real bargain over at E-Bay right now. They are selling for around $(US)150.00 right now.

Sarah Joyce

Don't rub it in, Sarah Joyce but fourteen months ago I paid close to four hundred of your dollars (but in UK pounds) for mine. Rip-off Britain again I could have got it somewhat cheaper, but on-line I prefer to purchase from a firm I really trust. I'm not grumbling though as it's incredible value for money and I did try a little video using an el cheapo card with no trouble at all. I love a camera that's not card fussy - like my DX6490. Some cameras apparantly won't do video on such cards for reasons that I'm not too sure of. I'm sure YOU would know!

No wonder you lot in the States are all filthy rich - you get photographic equipment virtually thrown at you!!

Love,

Almar.

Last edited by Almar; Dec 5, 2009 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Typo
Almar is offline   Reply With Quote