Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 24, 2010, 12:21 PM   #71

LTZ470-

I found the M-Rock Appalachian case on sale at www.ebags.com if you are interested. But then you might have found a better price as well. It a one day sale for 03/24/10 and the price is $41.60.

Yes, there is always a period when you begin with a camera that seems to have a few hiccups, but that should smooth out for you. I also shoot with a Nikon D-90, so my F-35 is my super zoom carry along camera.

Sarah Joyce

Last edited by mtclimber; Mar 24, 2010 at 12:24 PM.
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 1:16 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
LTZ470-

I found the M-Rock Appalachian case on sale at www.ebags.com if you are interested. But then you might have found a better price as well. It a one day sale for 03/24/10 and the price is $41.60.

Yes, there is always a period when you begin with a camera that seems to have a few hiccups, but that should smooth out for you. I also shoot with a Nikon D-90, so my F-35 is my super zoom carry along camera.

Sarah Joyce
Very Cool Sarah...I got the same price at Amazon, thanks... I am still testing the Panasonic 1.7x Tele Converter as opposed to the 18x onboard the camera it may sound good, but in reality the actually zoom may not be that great...will post some results up in a seperate thread...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 2:10 PM   #73

LTZ470-

This is just a personal feeling, but I feel that anything extra like a tele-converter, that you have to carry and then install in the field, is a hassle. You can increase the zoom on the FZ-35 easily by reducing the camera's resolution. That is a topic that has been discussed in this folder.

Sarah Joyce
Old Mar 24, 2010, 2:55 PM   #74

Yes I just tried that also the EZZoom works with the TC nicely...posting pic's now...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 8:26 AM   #75

Default Hi-Speed Burst Mode

Hello to all,

Just got my new FZ35 from Amazon to replace my much-loved FZ7, which I sold... Love the camera! Best ever...

Re hi-speed burst, the camera actually does have a real burst mode, not just the 3-shot one available via the button. It's hidden away in the SCN setting on the dial. Restriction is that it drops image quality down to 3 meg... But it sure does work!
dpotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 8:29 AM   #76

Default Best SD card for FZ35?

Trying to figure out reasonable specs for SD card for this camera. Anybody have any empirical results to share? Size is easy, but speed isn't. For example I tried a class 4 Kingston card in hi-speed burst mode and it worked great... Is there any real advantage to going to a class 6 card?
dpotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:37 AM   #77

dpotter-

A warm welcome to the Panasonic P+S folder.

Most FZ-35 users prefer a class 6 or above SD card for video clips. I use class 6 cards and they work well.

Sarah Joyce
Old Jun 20, 2010, 4:56 PM   #78

The UV filters here in the UK are expensive i think compared to the USA, over $50 each i believe compared to your $18 - wow. now i have to save up.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 5:09 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by eysha View Post
The UV filters here in the UK are expensive i think compared to the USA, over $50 each i believe compared to your $18 - wow. now i have to save up.

try here

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=u...286.m270.l1313

or here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/qid=127706...800&sort=price

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything

Last edited by Clint501; Jun 20, 2010 at 5:12 PM.
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 2:26 AM   #80

I, too, am learning about how to use this camera. For indoor flash shots of people, what would be the best setting? iA or P? A couple of pix that I took did not come out very clear. And in general - should I increase the "sharpness" setting to +1 or +2? thanks!
runner1000 is offline   Reply With Quote