Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 21, 2010, 4:49 AM   #81

Clint, happy to buy from amazon uk, never bought from e-bay, which uv lens would you recommend me buying, name and price so i don't get lost. I see the Hoya's are different prices for some reason. and what about the three in a set. will buy on your recommendation.
Many thanks
E.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 7:16 AM   #82

I'll leave that decision up to you. They are all 46mm so will will fit the the FZ38/35.
Some are multi-coated, some are not. I think most people recommend a multi-coated lens. Some also come as part of a kit (3 filters). Just read the descriptions, the reviews, shipping cost, return policy. Remember my motto - HAVE FUN!!
Don't worry too much.

The 3 in a set - read what the Zeikos product says
  • Professional 3pc Optical Lens Filter Kit: Glass UV Filter; Glass Circular Polarizer Filter; Glass FLD Fluorescent Filter
    Multi-coated filters dramatically reduce any chance of flare, and keep the filter clean to minimize any reduction in image quality
  • Suitable for optical lens of 46mm diameter with front mounting thread (for lens/filters to screw on)
  • UV filter is mainly used to protect the front element of a camera lens and reduce haze and improve contrast by minimizing the amount of ultraviolet (UV) light
  • Circular Polarizing Filter (polarizer) is very important for landscape photography by reducing the contrast between land and sky (sky appears deeper blue) and reducing glare and reflections off of water and other surfaces
  • FLD Fluorescent Filter can be used to correct the greenish tone that appears when fluorescent lighting is present
  • The Zeikos 46mm filter kit is compatible with Panasonic DMC-FZ38, FZ28, FZ18 digital cameras. Pls switch on your camera before trying to attach the filter

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 7:53 AM   #83

I got the 22 Hoya UV filter - the reviews have been consistently good and I think it's a false economy to skimp on something that is going to be in front of the lens in every shot you'll every take. There are better places to save money.
MartinSykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 4:17 PM   #84

Thanks Clint, i asked as i am new to photography so have no idea what is the best to buy. I also don't quite understand what they do but i have to learn and i am trying,lol.
Martin, i agree with you and i am trying to buy the bet i can afford just want to buy so that it is good enough to last a long time and ot keep buying because i bought the wrong one in the first place.
Happy to accept recommendations.
E.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 4:31 PM   #85

"Best" can be a matter of opinion. If budget matters just get what you need. A 46mm filter will fit. Multi-coated is probably better. Read the customer reviews - that usually helps me make a decision.

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 5:19 PM   #86

I agree, i just thought the more experienced here would know what was best. It is coming up to my bday in August so...lol
Been out gardening today and played with my new camera on different settings. when i find out what size i can psot here to show you i will post for advice and to learn.
Photographyis harder than i thought - so much to learn. I am up through the night reading or playing videos of photography, i think i have brain overload now, lol. isn't there an easy way? probably not. I keep reading the posts here too daily so i am trying,lol.
E.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 4:55 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbitner View Post
This was my first experiment with the FZ35's burst mode. It seems to work well, but you only get three shots.

These were at maximum zoom, sport mode - outdoor.

(I hope this post comes out OK, its my first and the attachments had to be reduced...)

Brian
Bbitner, there is a Hi-Speed Burst mode (p100 of the manual) that isn't an action/sports mode per se, but I've read others have had good results with it.

I might be trying it out tomorrow.
Roooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2011, 12:40 AM   #88

Hi everyone..this is my 1st. Registered just now hehe. My FZ35 arrived from Amazon yesterday. I ordered it after tried Nikon P100 for a week. I know i should stay away from P100 as advised by so many reviewers. Had problem with the zoom lens. So i'll be returning the P100 since it;s still under 30 days. Thanks to everyone who shared so many information about FZ35 in this forum. To bad i found this forum after I order P100. Now hv to learn the hard way haha!

I'm a newbie btw. look forward to learn from others about tricks using FZ35!
mel_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2011, 9:47 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel_r View Post
Hi everyone..this is my 1st. Registered just now hehe. My FZ35 arrived from Amazon yesterday. I ordered it after tried Nikon P100 for a week. I know i should stay away from P100 as advised by so many reviewers. Had problem with the zoom lens. So i'll be returning the P100 since it;s still under 30 days. Thanks to everyone who shared so many information about FZ35 in this forum. To bad i found this forum after I order P100. Now hv to learn the hard way haha!

I'm a newbie btw. look forward to learn from others about tricks using FZ35!
Congrats on the new FZ35! It's a great camera! It is jam packed full of options. It will keep you busy for a while. I have come to love that little joystick thing. It feels quite natural to me. I hope you'll post some pics from your new FZ35. If you haven't already done so, you should go to the Panasonic site to get the advanced user manual for the camera. It explains all the options.

Here is the link:

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-e...odel.DMC-FZ35K

Just scroll down a little bit, and the advanced user manual is the middle link (17078 kb).
JayC_783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2011, 10:47 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayC_783 View Post
Congrats on the new FZ35! It's a great camera! It is jam packed full of options. It will keep you busy for a while. I have come to love that little joystick thing. It feels quite natural to me. I hope you'll post some pics from your new FZ35. If you haven't already done so, you should go to the Panasonic site to get the advanced user manual for the camera. It explains all the options.

Here is the link:

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-e...odel.DMC-FZ35K

Just scroll down a little bit, and the advanced user manual is the middle link (17078 kb).
Thanks a lot! Printing out the doc. I'll be posting my amateur photo using FZ35 this weekend haha.
mel_r is offline   Reply With Quote