Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 28, 2009, 4:12 PM   #1

Default Struggling to take a good shot with a Panny FX150

Oops, title is meant to read, "struggling to take a good shot with a Panny FX150"

Hello

I recently received a Panasonic FX150 for Christmas however I am struggling to achieve a good picture.

In intelligent mode it is useless so I've had a play in manual and I've found lowering the ISO helps a little but it still lacks colour, sharpness and detail.

If all the reviews are to be believed then it's meant to be a great little compact yet my pictures are very noisy, blurry and over exposed.

What am I doing wrong or am I expecting too much from a <200 camera?

Thanks!
james07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2009, 6:20 AM   #2

Hi James,

Sorry, I don't know anything about that camera - and this particular part of the forum is not very active.

Posting a couple of the "bad" pictures would be helpful for diagnosing the problem.

Mike
mike_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2009, 6:30 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Hi James,

I've corrected your title for you. Sorry you are not having much fun with your new camera and hopefully a solution can be found.

It's not one I've had personal experience of but just looked at the review and it should do a good job.

Here is the end of the conclusion from Steve's review completed in 2008.

"Bottom Line - The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX150 was a blast to use. Some might question the quality of its 14-megapixel images, however I feel this camera can create awesome images that will make beautiful large prints. Thanks to the MAX ISO feature, you can be sure that image noise is not an issue, and thankfully the FX150's effective Mega O.I.S. system will also help fight image blur and camera shake in your photos. With robust performance, HD movie capabilities, nice overall construction, and plenty of exposure options, we have no problem recommending this camera to anyone who is in the market for a "High-end" ultra-compact digicam. With a street price of $300 or less, the Lumix DMC-FX150 offers a great value, and is sure to be a very popular model this coming Holiday season."
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:55 AM   #4

james-

Welcomes to the Forum. We're pleased that you dropped by.

Dropping the ISO setting is a good first step. Overcoming very slow shutter speed might also be a factor as well. If you could post a sample photo, as Mike suggested, we would be better positioned to analyze the problems for you.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2009, 6:43 PM   #5

Thanks for the help and the very warm welcome

Here are a few sample pictures taken earlier today, I hope they're not too big.

I used the ISO max function and set it at 400 and let the camera do the rest. Is there anything which looks wrong or that I can improve upon or am I expecting too much from this little compact?

Thanks

james07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2010, 4:21 PM   #6

James-

No samples got posted.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote