Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 14, 2010, 5:43 PM   #1

Default Some of my very first pics........

I just recently got my FZ35 but didn't get to take any pics until yesterday really. It actually snowed in Augusta Georgia yesterday and I was able to get a few pics. I'm VERY new to photography, so be easy on me, but please comment and critique so I can get better.

This is one of my co-workers, he always hates to have his pic taken so the camera was set oh high speed burst mode, speed priority, F4.4, 1/125, no flash, AWB, ISO1250.....

Pic of a tree in a field next to my house, Set to SNOW scenery, F3.0, 1/80, no flash, AWB, ISO80...........

A group of trees across the street from my house, set to SNOW scenery, F3.4, 1/50, no flash, AWB, ISO80..........

Pic of a dogwood tree in my front yard, Friday NIGHT when it was actually snowing. Set to SNOW scenery, F2.8, 1/30, flash used, AWB, ISO400....

Little small creek behind my house, took pic of the running water today, the day after the snow. Dial set to P, F3.7, 1/80, no flash, AWB, ISO80...

And here is a pic of a leaf outside my work, the day after the snow, catching a drop of melted snow before it dropped off the leaf. Dial set to P, macro zoom, F3.2, 1/100, no flash, AWB, ISO80...........

I am open to all suggestions and comments, I am VERY new and don't even know much of the terminology yet, I have figured out HOW to make all the adjustments to the camera, I'm just not experienced enough to know WHAT all the adjustments will do in the end result, these are some of my very first 100 pics with the camera.

ALL the pics are exactly how they came out of the camera and downloaded onto my computer, NO pics have had any adjustments and NO pics have been cropped. Like I said, I'm VERY new and haven't gotten to that point yet,lol.
Dirtbmw20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2010, 6:12 PM   #2

Hi Dirtbmw20, & welcome.

I fail to see the prints.
Paul O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2010, 6:38 PM   #3

Thanks for the welcome Paul. I dunno, I see the prints just fine on my end. Maybe someone else will chime in and will say if they can see them but I can still see them perfectly on my end.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 7:01 PM   #4

Dirtbmw20

Welcome to the Panasonic P+S folder. We're delighted that you joined us. We have a nice group of FZ-35 users that like to share photos, shooting tip and encouragement as we each move forward in our shooting skills.

Your photos are clearly visible to me. Yo made good use of your FZ-35's Scene Mode. I detected a bit of camera movement perhaps in the initial photo, but the final creek and the snow coming off the leaf are excellent.

Be aware that the flash range of the FZ-35's built-in flash unit is 10 to 12 feet. Flash Range is defined as the distance measured in feet between the camera and the subject, so anytime you get beyond 12 feet and are using the built-in flash unit, your images are going to get progressively darker, as the distance increases.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2010, 11:34 AM   #5

Hi dirtbmw20
There are some excellent photo's there, i particularly like the snowy trees,the creek and the thawing leaf. Well done there.
Alun
Alun_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2010, 11:54 AM   #6

Nice shooting. I like the creek shot and the trees. Hopefully, all your snow is gone. Ours is FAR from gone. I don't anticipate seeing the ground until Spring.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2010, 12:19 PM   #7

That sounds COLD and very winter-like, Gary!

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2010, 12:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
That sounds COLD and very winter-like, Gary!

Sarah Joyce
Not winter-LIKE, Sarah Joyce... FREAKIN' ARCTIC!
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2010, 2:27 PM   #9

Around here in Georgia, snow doesn't hang around very long. The very next day, the snow was completely gone and it was 55 degrees and I was outside taking pics in shorts. I have some before and after pics of the same exact spots, I will post them later this evening when I get off work.

Thank you so much for the comments, I'm having so much fun with this camera and learning SO much each day it is unreal. Pics will come later this afternoon.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 5:26 PM   #10

Here are some before and after pics, this will tell you how fast the snow melts here in Georgia,lol.

This pic was taken about 7:35am on Saturday morning before I went to work.....

This pic is of the same exact tree, taken the next day, Sunday, about 1:30pm......

These are some trees right behind my house, pic taken on Saturday morning about 7:30am...........

Same group of trees, the next day, Sunday about 1:30pm...........

And last, this is a small field next to my house. Pic taken Saturday about 7:30am.....

And the same field, pic taken the next day, Sunday about 1:30pm...........

And THAT'S a good example of how long the snow sticks around here in Georgia,LOL.