Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 23, 2010, 3:23 PM   #11

It a pleasure to get to know you, Paul-

Thanks for sharing a snapshot glimpse of you, your wife, your lovely family and life in general. It fun an interesting to go a layer deeper and I believe it further builds our bonds on the forum.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2010, 3:47 PM   #12

Thank you Sarah, pleasure meeting you too.
Paul O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 3:25 PM   #13

Sarah - I'm so glad I found this website and forum! I'm am somewhat new to photography. Have previously used low-end P&S cameras in the past, most recently a Kodak given to me by my brother just to get a feel for things. I can't draw or paint, but I CAN see things that others might not see, and look forward to capturing them on my new Panasonic FZ35 (that is, if I can ever figure it out!). I'm a 46-year old mother of 3 boys, 2 dogs, and cats. I'm an in AWE of some of the photographs that I've seen - and hope that I can do a good job capturing the beautiful things all around us every day! I love to learn from others who do such amazing work, so am really looking forward to soaking in alot of good information in this forum. Thanks!
jlsokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 4:10 PM   #14

jlsokh-

Thanks for posting. This folder is all about sharing and learning. I am also a mother of eight, and have also had pets. The children are now all grown up with their own families. So we all understand where you are coming from, as well as your desire to properly record life in your family.

The quickest way to get a smooth beginning with a new and more complex camera is to build your camera knowledge a bit. Many Community College, throughout the nation, offer digital camera courses for very low fees.

In fact, I teach several courses both for our state university and for our local Community College. So I do have some hands-on experience with these courses. That approach would give you a smoother transition and some added knowledge to take better photos.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote