Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 16, 2010, 10:15 PM   #1

Default Another new FZ35 owner

Hi everyone
I am a new member trying to learn the ins and outs of my new camera. I have had it for a few weeks and have to say I am pleased thus far. I am glad to have found this forum and have enjoyed reading all the info within.
I wanted to share some of the pics I have taken with the FZ35. All of these were taken in the IA mode. I am eager to learn how to use this camera in the programmable modes.
Attached Images

afitzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 17, 2010, 2:15 AM   #2

Hi afitzu, welcome and the first & last shot's are my favorite, especially the water under the bridge.
Paul O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 12:25 PM   #3

afitzu-

Welcome to the Forum and to the Panasonic P+S folder. We delighted that you dropped by. By and large on the FZ-35 camera, you will see a large inprovement in your photos if you reduce your reliance on the IA mode and do all of your shooting in the the "P" for Programed Auto mode. Then use your Exposure Compensation as required to adjust your exposure outdoors, and you will be off to the races.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 1:43 PM   #4

Hello and welcome,
I like the first shot very much as well, were you in a boat or on a walkway? As Sarah has said the "P" mode is very good for most situations. Give it a try and compare to "IA" mode.
Alun
Alun_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 2:20 PM   #5

Thanks everyone for the welcomes and advice. This is the first camera I have owned that somewhat resembles an SLR.
Alun_D
The first photo was taken from a walkway along the lake. I really like the colors but hope to improve on the graininess(if that's a word) of the photo.Most of my shots are taken while I'm out hiking or biking around. Also, I don't have the most steady hands so this is sometimes a disservice to my shots.
I will post more photos in this thread as I shoot more and welcome/appreciate any advice you have.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 2:52 PM   #6

If your not to steady with a camera like me, try burst mode, it takes three shots after you press and hold the shutter button, the first one may be a little shakey after you press the shutter button but you have a good chance of a clear shot with the next two.
Alun_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 3:18 PM   #7

Awesome advice Alun_D. I will give that a try.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 9:36 PM   #8

Following some of the recommendations you guys gave, I did some reading online and referred to manual to learn more about shooting in the P mode. I found the area in the manual that talks about shooting in the bracketing mode which takes 3 shots at different exposures. I also found a helpful pocket manual at http://www.seattlepcservice.ie/fz35.htm#PocketManual. With this information I went back to the lake and experimented with this a bit. The photo below of the bridges was taken about 20 minutes later than the one in my op and in my opinion is more true to color than the original shot in IA mode. I am also including another photo from this evening that I think came out ok. With a little post editing I'm sure they would look better but I'm not quite there yet.
Thanks again for the advice and encouragement.
Attached Images

Old Feb 17, 2010, 9:46 PM   #9

These look nice. The first is much improved. The colors in the background really catch my eye in the second. Oddly, I like the water depth indicator and the context it adds.
AaronB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 9:58 PM   #10

afitzu-

That is a really dramatic improvement. Thanks for posting.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote