Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 18, 2010, 3:13 PM   #1

Default Just received FZ35 from J&R in New York

Had a question: Out of the box I havent yet tried the camera due to battery charging, but I noticed the lens zoom in & out rotating switch is very sticky (hard to push/slide left/right) and it doesnt really spring back to center just moves back. Is this how its suppose to be on all FZ-35's or did I get a brand new lemon already before even powering it on? thanks! Hopefully its not a problem but it sure dont seem right!
skyhawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 18, 2010, 3:36 PM   #2

My FZ35's zoom switch is pretty smooth. But don't fret quite yet, it may loosen up, or it may not seem as bad once you're actually using it.
AaronB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2010, 8:17 PM   #3

skyhawk-

Wait until you power up your FZ-35 to make a realistic judgment. However, I just tried my FZ-35 while without power and the zoom lever that circles the shutter release readily snaps right back in the middle null/detent position when actuated.

Please keep us advised. One member, Steve, had to get a replacement camera recently.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2010, 8:56 PM   #4

Well so far so good! I mean camera is working fine so far, that I can tell. Been using IA which I know is not the best mode for camera but some shots have been coming out looking good! For the zoom lever/slider it is still very rough after playing with the camera, and its really hard to tell if the spring is in there because it does not spring back just moves when you let go, slowly to the center and is hard to slide left and right! although zoom is working good! Got some great shots of the kids and distant scenery around where I live!

Will post a pic once I figure out how to quickly crop it and then upload! I do enjoy how when this camera has the perfect scene and settings and lighting, how sharp of a picture it can take, I had another panasonic small P&S I tried out and compared to my canon A1000IS it was not taking as sharp pics as I like! The FZ-35 is though and I really enjoy the outcome!

Thank you all!
skyhawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2010, 8:59 PM   #5

I never had these out of the box issues, once battery is fully charged, inspect closely if any further issues, return it to the store for another FZ35. Good luck.
Paul O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2010, 10:28 PM   #6

Skyhawk - pleased to hear you're enjoying your FZ35 so far. The zoom rocker really should be smooth and the only obvious resistance you'll feel is the spring that wants to return the switch to center (which happens quickly). It sounds like yours may have a bit of trouble.
If you bought it online, I'd suggest you contact the seller soon; if you bought it locally it should be an easy exchange.
AaronB is offline   Reply With Quote